One of my friends on Twitter (http://twitter.com/SistersTalk) recently posted a good list of gay and lesbian themed movies. Being the inquisitive sort I asked if she had a similar list of movies that feature a transgendered character in some way. Boy did she ever!
So I thought I’d share with you the most comprehensive list of transgender movies known to woman! I’ve only seen a few of them (so time to fill up my Netflix queue!). Some of the ones I enjoyed the most:
Vanessa’s Transgender Movie List
Mrs. Doubtfire. In no way a serious transgender movie, but Robin Williams does a great job portraying the elderly Mrs Doubtfire. A good family movie.
Ma Vie En Rose is of the more serious sort. It explores the story of an innocent young boy who tries to fulfill his dream of becoming a girl, and the social consequences his gender confusion has on the rest of the town.
Well, I could share a few more here, like Priscilla, Queen of the dessert, but you already have the most comprehensive list ever made :). What are some of your favorite movies that feature a transgender character or have a transgender theme?
P.S. Follow me on Twitter – I’d love to hear what you’re doing and what you’re thinking. Who knows, you may even find something useful. Like a transgender movie list 🙂
More Articles by Vanessa Law
- A Few Changes in Our Family
- I Want to Live Like That
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- A Few Changes in Our Family - April 15, 2021
- I Want to Live Like That - August 29, 2020
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness - March 22, 2020
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019 - January 28, 2019