My last post entitled 3 Steps to Successfully Crossdressing in a Foreign City generated some interesting discussion on Google+, and a few new ideas I wanted to share with you (thanks Blaire!). If you haven’t already, please take a moment to follow me on Google+. You’ll get to see the discussion and other transgender news I share (such as the recent change in WPATH guidelines for transition)
So, You Want To Crossdress in Another City?
- Imagine your femme fatal: Think about what you’d feel like wearing, and pack a few different outfits like that. If your mood shifts, you’ll be prepared – after all, the extra blouse or skirt doesn’t take up that much extra space.
- Buy a travel makeup kit: Practice with your travel makeup kit of choice beforehand. Along with some travel brushes it will take up much less space, and be coordinated so you can get ready in a flash.
- Keep your shoes in boxes: Never underestimate the potential of the spare room inside the box! Also useful if you prefer your shoes aren’t squashed 🙂
- Use foam breast forms: They’re much lighter than silicon forms, and much less likely to trigger alarms on security scanners. They are also more durable.
- Don’t get deported (or worse!): If you’re travelling internationally be sure you understand the local laws. Don’t be part of the crossdresser group that got themselves deported from Dubai on arrival, or gad about in Saudi Arabia where you could be executed for crossdressing.
- Scope out your destination on the net: Any place with a good TG community will be accessible on the web – Google for “<city> transgender club” or a similar variation to get in contact with the locals.
Lastly, Ana brings up a great point that you need not travel across the country to get all the benefits of crossdressing in a foreign city. Sometimes a short 30 minute drive is enough to significantly reduce the changes of an unfortunate encounter.
Have fun girls!
More Articles by The Author
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019
- You Are Enough
- We Can Make It Into Something Wonderful
- Meet Your Crossdresser Heaven Ambassadors
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019 - January 28, 2019
- You Are Enough - March 5, 2017
- We Can Make It Into Something Wonderful - February 26, 2017
- Meet Your Crossdresser Heaven Ambassadors - February 15, 2017