Hi Girls,

I wanted to take this opportunity to share my story of finding my true self. My story is like most girls, but I had the advantage of living in a much more accepting time. I knew at a young age that I was a girl. I suppressed these feelings until I was 15 years old when I started sneaking into my mother’s closest to explore the wonderful world of femininity. For two years, I hid my dressing (or at least I thought I did).

One day, out of nowhere, my mom sat me down and asked if I had any idea why she was missing some items from her closet. She knew that it was me. I told the truth that day and I fully came out to my mom. I shared the depths of my desires in the best manner I could. Luckily, my mom was very accepting and the only change she requested was that I stop borrowing her things. How lucky could I be?

We immediately established ground rules that I would only dress when we were at home and if no one else was present. Since I wanted to start my own wardrobe, we went shopping together. As part of this trip, my mother arranged for a private bra fitting for me. I am lucky to say that my mother bought me my first bra!

Visit Transgender Heaven

At this point, my desire to live fulltime as a girl only grew. One of our family’s customs is my mother giving everyone a new pack of underwear as a Christmas present. Well my mom must not have been thinking because my gift was not the usual boxers, but a pack of PINK panties. My father was very disturbed as to why his son had been gifted girl’s underwear. This led to a long discussion with my Dad and brother of how I felt I was a girl. While my dad was accepting, he was not happy about the way he found out. Slowly, I began to acquire the wardrobe necessary to live full time as Savannah. My mom was a great help – she shopped with me often and helped guide my decisions. Eventually, I perfected my look, became comfortable using the appropriate mannerisms and presenting as a girl. This led to me living as Savannah full time at home and in public when I turned 19 years of age.

Since then I have never looked back. I am currently studying Aerospace Professional Pilot since aviation has been a lifelong dream. I am also working with a LGBTQ club on my school’s campus to further the acceptance of the Transgender Community. I am extremely blessed for how my life has turned out. I know that this is not the norm but I do not take this gift lightly. Thank you, girls, for taking the time to read my story!

Love,

Savannah

More Articles by Savannah Bowman

View all articles by Savannah BowmanTags:
    4.4 5 votes
    Brielle
    7 months ago

WOW!!! You have had the best experience. And aerospace aviation is not an easy track, GF. You are an inspiration to us. Thanks so much for sharing your story!!

Loads of Hugs!

Brie

Brielle
    7 months ago

As do I (or did). I got a private pilot’s license in college but I haven’t flown left seat for many, many years. My brother was a commercial pilot (American Eagle then Delta – 757s and 767s) before he had to retire on medical disability (back, mainly).

So, with the concentration in aerospace, are you looking to pilot supersonic or hypersonic craft above the stratosphere, then? As Spock would say – Fascinating! (sorry – you can take the gurl out of the geek, but you can’t take the geek out of the gurl! Giggles)

Hugs,

Brie

Leah

Wow! Great experience and support Thanks for sharing

Michelle Johnson
    7 months ago

A very inspirational story Savannah! A great start to my day! Thank you! How’s the full time life going? Everything you imagined and wanted?

Joan Michelle
    7 months ago

– Thank you for sharing from the heart your life’s experience.
    I secretly went into my moms closet too, humm maybe I should have been caught by my mom too, I wasn’t though. I don’t know what I would have done, transgender medicine was not that advanced at that time.
    I’m an Aviator too, Airplane Single Engine Land.
    Some time share more about your MTF transition for those of us on the path.
    xoxoxo
    Jean

Grace Darling
    7 months ago

That is an amazing story, Savannah! A mother who had you fitted for and bought your first bra! You are fortunate indeed…

Thank you for sharing this inspiring piece, though. It warmed my heart today…

Love,

Grace

Grace Darling
    7 months ago

Oh yes, Savannah, so true!

Like other trans women, my bra is, as you say, such a significant garment…

Kimberly Ann Victoria
    7 months ago

Thank you for the inspiring story, I very happy that you are living as the Women you are meant to be

Miss Lollipop

wow. Thanks for sharing. Really pretty amazing. XX

Lauren B
    7 months ago

Thanks for the story! Hope your course goes well too, that’s a hard one to study! I’m also at university studying and dressing up in my spare time at home

Ashlee Lauren
    Ashlee Lauren
    7 months ago

Savannah what a wonderful story I am so happy for you
    Ashlee

Chrissy Simpson
    7 months ago

What a beautiful name. The story you shared and your mother even more so. I could picture the expression on your fathers face like, Am I missing something here. Your mother seems very wise. I look forward to hearing more on your success’s and wish you well.

Chrissy