Favourite Skirt/Dress Length

134 Posts
57 Users
387 Thanks
Ambassador
Topic starter
(@lucyb112)
Noble Member     Staffordshire, United Kingdom

So, being a fairly recent convert from shorter skirts to midi/calf length ones, it got me wondering what everyone else’s favourite style is, if you actually have a favourite that is 

133 Replies
53 Replies
Lady
(@sallyj)

Estimable Member     California, United States of America

@lucyb112 Knee length (or perhaps slightly above) is my favorite length, though my wife prefers it when I wear mid-calf or longer — so I gladly wear those lengths as well!

(@justnikki)

Honorable Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America

@sallyj I get just the opposite. If I wear a skirt that hits my knees, my wife says "that's a bit long for you..." and then starts rolling my waistband until it's an appropriate height. I don't mind!

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

Illustrious Member     Norfolk, United Kingdom

@lucyb112 Hey Lucy

I've never been one for short skirts and dresses; midi/calf has always been my thing.

Now I've discovered Sea Salt and Nobody's Child I have ... um ... let's just say 'a lot' of dresses in that length. And because of that hypothetically large number I may be having to create extra hanging space as a matter of some urgency.

Lady
(@margprodue)

Noble Member     Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America

@ellyd22 Hey Ellie and anyone else needing to hang clothes. I buy Z-Frames (also known as rolling commercial garment racks or Z racks) and just wheel them around my house.  I can usually find them used for about $30 US.  They last forever and you can do chin-ups on them.  You see them all over the garment districts.  I usually find them through Craig's list at garment store closings.  They also totally come apart and can easily be stored in a corner.  I've got 5 here  holding clothes and 3 more in a corner if needed. The danger is that once you get one, you just want to keep filling it up and then need to get another and another and the process just goes on. By the way, I'm a mini skirt gal.     Happy Weekend,   Marg 

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@margprodue

I like to be able to hang everything behind closed doors. That way, those who I'm not yet out to aren't exposed to multitudes of hard-to-explain racks of women's clothes as soon as they set foot across the threshold.

Luckily, I've got a cupboard that can easily be upgraded to hold MANY more clothes with just a little basic DIY.

The danger, as you've pointed out, is that I'll simply be tempted to fill all of that lovely new space.

Hugs

Ellie x

Lady
(@margprodue)

@ellyd22  Yes, that is one of the drawbacks of a 5 foot Z Frame.  But, if you become a costumer like me or clothes designer.........maybe I'll be buying your label next year.  Really, it's just another form of art.  Hugs,  Marg

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@margprodue 

*Ellie immediately starts to sketch dress designs and begins to think of suitable names for her new label*

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@ellyd22 

How about Elliegant Designs ? 

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@lucyb112 

*Flips notebook open. Begins to note down potential names*

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@lucyb112 @margprodue  

I could have a small group of fashion models working for me.

They'd become known as 'El's Belles'

🙂

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@ellyd22 

“Ellievate your look with Elliegant Designs modelled by El’s Belles”

It just rolls off the tongue…..

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@lucyb112 And the advertising slogan?

'Looking Lovellie'

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@ellyd22 Simply marvellieous

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@lucyb112 And yet fairly elliementary.

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@ellyd22

As you love gardening, I assume your range will include some “Welliegant Wellies” 

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@lucyb112

Yes!

Perfect for when you're out tending the helliebores and weeding out all those troublesome brambellies, netellies and thistellies.

Lady
(@margprodue)

@ellyd22 Oh my dear Ellie, That is so deja vu.  I really do have a hair appointment with my stylist at Elle Belle on this coming Wednesday.  The only problem for me with being a model is that I'm small and might only be able to be a cute lumberjack minion.  By the way,  Do you ever sleep?  I see this posting as 3:40 am or is it just the time difference across the pond.  I had to cut our yesterday repartee short since lunch was over and it was time to get back to barn cleaning (not really suited to this model minion's stature).   lol    Marg

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@margprodue 

It IS the time difference ... though at the same time I do undersleep during the week and oversleep at weekends.

It all averages out, though it does tend to mean that I'm absolutely exhausted by Friday 🙂

*Opens notebook. Licks pencil and writes: 'Lumberjack couture?  Designer barnwear?' Closes notebook and looks thoughtful*

Lady
(@margprodue)

@ellyd22    You are such a joy!

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@margprodue Right back at ya Marg 🙁

BTW ... a certain goose-based painting is currently underway ...

Hugs

Ellie x

Lady
(@margprodue)

@ellyd22 Ooooh, So Cool,   And as usual, the resident sentinels of Loch Anne were out patrolling their liquid domain at sunrise in 30F weather.  Honk, Honk! Marg

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@ellyd22 I can’t get the Monty Python lumberjack song out of my mind now 🙂

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@lucyb112 Well, it's entirely relevant to the site.

I cut down trees. I wear high heels,
Suspendies, and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie,
Just like my dear Papa. 

🙂

Duchess
(@missylinda)

Noble Member     Ft Worth, Texas, United States of America

@ellyd22 ❤️ LMAO. You made my morning ,  with this thread.  Spam,Spam Spam,and Spam.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@missylinda 

You got me wondering whether spam (the food) has any link to 'spam' in the internet sense. I'm glad I looked, because in fact the Python sketch links the two ... I'd never realised that before!

I got this from the Altek website:

'The use of the term 'spam' to describe unwanted email messages can be traced back to a famous sketch by the British comedy group Monty Python. In this sketch, two customers are trying to order food at a cafe, but nearly every item on the menu includes Spam.

'As the waitress recites the menu, a group of Vikings in the cafe loudly sings “Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam… Lovely Spam! Wonderful Spam!” This repetition and intrusion of Spam in the sketch parallel the way unwanted emails can inundate and disrupt an inbox.

'In the early days of the internet and email, when users started receiving an increasing number of unsolicited and repetitive email messages, the term “spam” was humorously borrowed from this Monty Python sketch to describe these unwanted messages. It highlighted the annoyance and intrusiveness of these emails, much like the excessive presence of Spam on the cafe menu. Over time, this usage of spam to refer to unwanted emails became widespread, and it is now a standard term in the world of Internet communication.'

My Saturday hasn't been wasted; I've learnt something 🙂

Ellie x

Duchess
(@missylinda)

@ellyd22 my wife could never understand why I watched MP every week, and the reruns.  Had a boss that loved it also.  When he wanted to meet with everyone before the store opened he would play the opening music from MP over the public address system.  I must close now and practice my “ silly walks”.👩‍❤️‍👩👩‍❤️‍👩

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@missylinda 

Lucy makes a note to try the “silky walk” the next she’s wearing stilletos, although realises that it may not end well

Lady
(@margprodue)

@lucyb112  Well Lucy,  It's a common joke around here but really underneath my flannel shirt, hardhat, jeans and wolverine boots you'd see a Maidenform t-Shirt bra, tights, Warner's Cloud 9 hipsters and long blond hair in a bun.  We might be lumberjacks but we are STYLISH ! Mostly "Satisfaction" by the Stones goes through my mind as I'm felling trees.  Timber!  Marg

Duchess
(@missylinda)

@ellyd22 if you have a bridal or retro line, can I be your first customer?👩‍❤️‍👩👩‍❤️‍👩

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@missylinda 

Notes down possible new ranges.

Bridellie Wear?

Old Fangellied Fashions?

Time-ellie-less Clothing?

Briefly ponders 'Pre-ellie-loved', but backs off hurriedly.

Lady
(@harriette)

Famed Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

@lucyb112 I have no skirts below my knees.

Dresses vary more.

Duchess
(@pattyphose)

Noble Member     Long Island, New York, United States of America

@lucyb112 The shorter the better. Mid thigh and up for this girl

Baroness
(@alexina)

Noble Member     Fife, United Kingdom

@lucyb112 Hi, Lucy, most of my dresses and my one skirt are knee length but I have a mid-calf dress with a collar, long sleeves and a full skirt that I love. It just fits beautifully and comfortably. So much so that I've been looking for a similar one in a different design or material, unfortunately without success....so far 

Allie x

(@cdashley)

Noble Member     Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

@lucyb112 I picked above the knee as I probably have the most like that in my closet but yes I do love them all.

Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

Famed Member     North County San Diego, California, United States of America

@lucyb112 

I have a closet full of short, tight dresses and a drawer full of shapewear that allows me to squeeze into those dresses. 

And I have another closet full of comfortable, looser fitting skirts and dresses of various lengths that don't require shapewear.

Guess which closet gets more use?

/EA

Baroness
(@trish1980)

Prominent Member     Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada

@lucyb112 Hi Lucy, I picked above the knee most of my dresses are mini except one and all of my skirts. I just live by the motto "if you got it, flaunt it". I'm getting up there too so time isn't on my side anymore so I want to wear it while it still looks good on me. Thanks for the post and have a great day girl.

Trish 💖

Lady
(@target)

Estimable Member     MPLS, Minnesota, United States of America

@lucyb112  My favorite is definitely above the knee and my sundresses way above the knee. I have spent the last five years focusing on moisturizing, epilating/shaving and making my legs as feminine as possible fortunately I get compliments so I might as well show them off.

Lady
(@34sarah)

Reputable Member     Buckingham, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom

@lucyb112 

Hi Lucy

I am a very conservatively dressed uk woman so its definitely knee length for this woman.

Sarah xx

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@34sarah If I may say so, it looks very good on you Sarah

Lucy xx

Lady
(@jerryn)

Estimable Member     Michigan, United States of America

@lucyb112 just below the knee is the most elegant while you’re wearing high heels shoes

(@myalterego)

Estimable Member     Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States of America

@lucyb112 I am a Type two with areas of darkened skin on mine lower legs above the ankle and below the knee, so I normally do a maxi, but calf length with knee high stockings.  My daily wear is slacks, leggings and a nice blouse.  I have used 'above the knee length' dresses as tops, legging or slacks once more complete the outfit.  My icon picture here is a red dress with red leggings.

Duchess
(@flatlander48)

Noble Member     Cathedral City, California, United States of America

@lucyb112 I checked Above The Knee, which would be 4” to 5”. I’m 75 and I don’t really give a shit…

(@veroslondon)

Reputable Member     Surrey, United Kingdom

@lucyb112 Hi Lucy

I'm very short. At 5ft 2in I would be short even for a woman. I find that there are only two skirt lengths that look good on me -- above the knee and calf length. Anything else and I tend to look a bit mumsy. Being so short I find it difficult to buy clothes with the right skirt length and I usually need to get all clothes shortened. I just picked up a mini-dress this morning from the tailors that I had to have shortened by 4 inches. I've been using these tailors for a few years now and they are always very helpful. It may be because I've given them so much business!

Incidentally, dressing is one of the very few occasions when I think it might be an advantage to be small, that and flying in the back of the plane.

Veronica

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@veroslondon 

I can understand that Veronica as my wife is the same height as you.

We used to spend a fair amount of time shopping for her in the petite sections. 

As I’m 5ft 10, there’s been very little opportunity to borrow anything of hers even if she would let me 

(@veroslondon)

Reputable Member     Surrey, United Kingdom

@lucyb112 I kind of had the reverse problem with borrowing my wife's clothes when she was alive. She was about 5 inches taller than me so all her clothes were way too long.

(@stephaniesilk)

Eminent Member     St. Louis Park, Minnesota, United States of America

@lucyb112 Even though I have great legs, toned and slim and hair-free, I prefer my skirts and dresses to be knee length or just a little shorter.  I try to look realistic.  Too short looks ridiculous and too long looks frumpy and uninteresting.  However, I make an exception for golf or tennis skirts and skorts.

(@sharkinlace)

Estimable Member     Saint Louis , Missouri, United States of America

@lucyb112 Definitely full length. I love the feeling of the fabric moving against my legs. As it warms up, the length gets shorter, but I still prefer full length.

(@lauren114)

Prominent Member     Connecticut, United States of America

@lucyb112 I'm generally an above the knee girl but I will wear whatever length the style I am going for dictates.   I'm not adverse to Maxi dresses and might just try one this summer.   I love that casual look.

(@tinytinkerbell)

Estimable Member     SF Bay Area, California, United States of America

@lucyb112 I find "above the knee" is perfect for my short, "stumpy" legs...although, one of my favorites was a "to the ankle" wrap skirt which was so feminine and exposed "just enough" leg and required wearing tights....RIP, I'm so sad to this day that it was purged several years ago...!!!

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@tinytinkerbell 

From what I read on the site, purging usually seems to be the thing that we regret most 

(@tinytinkerbell)

Estimable Member     SF Bay Area, California, United States of America

@lucyb112 if we could all go back in time, right...???  lesson learned...NEVER again...!!!

Baroness Annual
(@rhondalee)

Honorable Member     Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America

@lucyb112 Knee length. Above would look inappropriate on me at my age, although I wouldn't mind personally if seen otherwise. I have deduced that a 39" dress length is ideal and 45"  longer than liked; skirt 34" max (maybe too long). I don't like maxi-dresses much, but have some. My closet is full of everything as long as Victorian and prom gowns which require high heels to avoid tripping on them. The trick is finding occasions suitable for wearing what I have.

Duchess
(@beckyjones)

Active Member     Memphis , Tennessee, United States of America

@lucyb112 above the knee, wayyy above the knee

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)
Noble Member     Bedfordshire, United Kingdom

I've got about 20 dresses and skirts altogether now, ranging from mini down to low calf.  I just love them all flipping/swishing around my legs, end of 🙂  I possibly like the shorter ones more in the summer, although some of them also work with thick tights.  That said, my longest dress (the pink floral & bird pattern one in my public photos) is also very much a summer dress and I'm looking forward to evenings in it later in the year.

1 Reply
Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@finallyfiona 

After a recent clear out I’m down to “only” about 12 or 13 skirts and dresses now, and like you, they range from mini to midi. 
It was mainly shorter ones than I’ve cleared out, but the minis do work well in the winter with thicker tights.

I tried my first midi in early autumn and just loved the feel of it swishing around my legs. It was quite a lightweight summery one, so it’s stored away at the moment, but I’ve since bought 2 more (one earlier this week) and they’re rapidly becoming my go to skirts

Duchess Annual
(@catgurl)
Noble Member     Marietta, Georgia, United States of America

I love them all.  It  just depends on my mood, the weather, the occasion, or what I am trying to match to and sometimes for no special reason at all.

Short dresses in the winter look good sometimes with heavy duty tights.  OTOH,  cold weather may call for long-sleeve sweater dresses and boots.  Short mini-skirts are great for hot weather, but I love the beautiful floor-length summer dresses. 

All of which tells me women have such a huge clothing choice over men, and that is why I so love being a girl! 

Lady
(@hottestwitch)
Honorable Member     Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom

I don't want to appear "slutty" but for me the idea is the shorter, the better...  Holly XXX

4 Replies
Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@hottestwitch 

Not slutty at all lovely.
I was the same until fairly recently 

Lucy x

Duchess
(@missylinda)

@hottestwitch funny you should mention short. This morning I put on my shortest shirt, mid thigh and thought, I need a skater skirt.  Refuse to act my age!

Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

@hottestwitch 

The dress doesn't make you 'slutty' Holly.  It's what you do when you're wearing it!  Just sayin' 😜 

/EA

Lady
(@hottestwitch)

Honorable Member     Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom

@emilyalt Aaahh... so you've seen my record then?  I was never actually convicted...  Noticed what Lorraine said about a "skater skirt":  I once bought what looked like a really lovely skater dress; when it arrived through the post it was indeed lovely - just about 8 sizes too small, and even if I could have squeezed into it, even I may have found it a little too short; Lorraine, short is great - covering nothing is perhaps not quite what I want...  Holly XXX

Duchess
(@karla1958)
Honorable Member     Not in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America

I like the knee length.  I would wear shorter if I could but my thighs are too thick for me to properly cross my legs.

If only I could lose that extra weight.  Sad  

Hostess
(@ab123)
Famed Member     Surrey, United Kingdom

I was always knee length and below. Then I realised that I can wear shorter lengths that are age appropriate to a 60+ year old as it doesn't make you tarty in any way as the look is balanced with everything else you accessorise with. Yesterday I wore a short above the knee tunic dress with a long chunky cardigan and knee length boots. I also wear long dresses to the ankle. I received a nice compliment from my GG friends when we met for coffee. I wear a short skirt over black tights when exercising at home. A neighbour called over to drop something to me and liked the skirt.

You can wear short in whatever way you want from frumpy to glam.

Baroness Annual
(@d44)
Noble Member     New York, United States of America

I love all length skirts but lately have taken more of an interest in maxi length skirts. I love to feel all that material blowing in the breeze and like the sensation of the skirt brushing against my ankles as I walk.

(@aliceunderwire)
Illustrious Member     Near Burlington, Vermont, United States of America

Hi Lucy,

I like midi and above the knee skirts but my favorite is a maxi.  The skorts I’ve found are more a mini length.  So perhaps, I should have selected all kinds.  A great question to ask.

Alice

Lady
(@denises924)
Reputable Member     Massachusetts, United States of America

I prefer to wear and see skirts just above the knee. I think it is the perfect balance of a little sexy and still ladylike. Bless the girls who can wear mini-skirts, all the power to them. Of course, all dresses and skirts are wonderful and as so many have said, depending on your mood or weather there is always a perfect option and they all feel great.

Denise
❤️

Duchess Annual
(@deedee9633)
Eminent Member     San Diego, California, United States of America

I like all skirts but the mini skirts look great on me. I have thin long legs and the mid thigh length skirts really accentuate my curves. 

1 Reply
Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@deedee9633 

I’ve just looked at a couple of your photos, and yes, a short skirt does look good on you 

Lady
(@krisburton)
Honorable Member     Northern, New Jersey, United States of America

The skirts and dresses I currently own are knee length, or slightly shorter. Altho I like short ones I don't think they are very flattering on me, same for long ones. I am open to finding a longer skirt to wear with boots.

Hostess
(@cdsue)
Noble Member     Delaware, United States of America

I have everything from mid thigh to maxi length in skirts and dresses. Unfortunately I don't go out dressed but would love to feel the breeze blowing the dress or skirt against my legs. Maybe I will one day.

XOXO
Suzanne

4 Replies
Lady
(@harriette)

@cdsue With the warm weather coming, would you be so bold as to go somewhere, say, at night, maybe away from home?

That wind blowing a skirt or dress sure is tempting me, too.

Hostess
(@cdsue)

Noble Member     Delaware, United States of America

@harriette that is an intriguing thought and something to think about. I must admit I have thought of that in the past. There is a park nearby where I have thought of going to or possibly the boardwalk by the ocean late in the evening or very early in the morning. I really like the idea of the boardwalk as I can almost feel the ocean breeze blowing my skirt/dress in the wind listening to the waves breaking on shore. Oh my how thrilling it would be to make that a reality. Maybe this is the year.

XOXO
Suzanne

Lady
(@harriette)

@cdsue Let us know how it all works out, Sue. 🌞

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@cdsue  Yes maybe this should be your 2024 goal Suzanne.

The breeze blowing around your legs is one of the best feelings

Lady
(@haileyd)
Reputable Member     Wisconsin, United States of America

Every length,depends on the mood

(@jacquelinelarkspur)
Famed Member     Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom

[Jacqueline revisits the thread and scrolls up. She reads the dellieuge of ellie puns, and nods in approval]

33 Replies
Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@jacquelinelarkspur 

*Ellie stands next to Jacqueline and watches her as she reads through all of the Ellie puns. She wonders whether that's the last of them for today. She isn't absolutellie sure that it will be*

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

Honorable Member     Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

@ellyd22 

Thinks to myself "I am sure that last post was designed to elliecit further elliegible contributions which, of course, are all based on elliesion"

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@fembecky

Well, yes ... there was an elliement of that.

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@ellyd22 

I think there’s a gap in the perfume market you could fill.

“Ellie’s Smellies” would go down incredibellie 

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@lucyb112 That's an awfellie good suggestion ... and an interesting develliepment 🙂

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

@ellyd22 

I go away for a few minutes, and come back to find the thread liberellie sprinkellied with even more delightfellie intelliegent puns. 

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@jacquelinelarkspur If you hadn't,  @lucyb112 and I would have felt woefellie inadequate.

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@ellyd22  @jacquelinelarkspur This is giving me bellie laughs 😂

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@lucyb112 Are you laughing hystericellie?

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@ellyd22 definitellie !

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@lucyb112

Good. That's perfectellie acceptabell(ie). 🙂

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@ellyd22 

If the smellies don’t take off, then you could always go for

”Ellie’s Delliecatessen”  and the slogan could be…

”Dellieicious Delliecacies” 

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

@lucyb112 @ellyd22 

Children's desserts company - Ellie's Jellies

Protective clothing company - Ellie's Wellies

Flatscreen TV company - Ellie's Tellies

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@jacquelinelarkspur 

I copyrighted all of these ideas and then sold the rights to each of the start ups to an international consortium for an undisclosed sum.

Thank you for your suggestions.

*Ellie begins to search for 'Caribbean Islands for Sale' on RightMove*

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

@ellyd22 

Believe it or not, Jellies and Wellies both already exist. I just googled them. But you might be OK with Tellies...

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@jacquelinelarkspur

I don't just want to sell tellies though. Anyone can do that.

I'm going to invent ELLIEVISION.

It's in the concept stage of development at the moment, so please don't ask for any further details.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@jacquelinelarkspur @lucyb112  

I meant, of course, 'it's at the concept stage of develliepment'.

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

@ellyd22 

It's bound to be a big success. There's an inevitabelliety about it.

Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

@ellyd22 @jacquelinelarkspur @lucyb112 @fembecky 

You girls need to get out more.... 

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

@emilyalt 

So true. So very true.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@emilyalt

You girls need to get out more...

We plan to ... we're just waiting for you to get here first 🙂

Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

@ellyd22

Don't wait on me.  I live 6000 miles away!  Not exactly the same as a spur of the moment trip to say, West Hollywood. 

A UK trip to visit you 4 requires careful planning, preparation, 'contingencies', and a LARGE insurance policy with several 'unusual' riders.  Anything could happen! 

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

@emilyalt 

It could be a Larkspur of the moment trip... 

Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

@jacquelinelarkspur 

Do you have a friend on the police force???

It would make planning easier.... 

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

@emilyalt 

I have a friend who's a Traffic Warden. He can't get you into the UK, but he'll let you park on a double yellow line.

Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

@jacquelinelarkspur 

One of you wants me to beat a parking ticket and the other one wants to hijack a plane.  Sheesh! Let's split the difference.  I just want to beat a rap for D&D! 

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

@emilyalt 

You want to play drums on a rap song about Dungeons & Dragons?

Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

@jacquelinelarkspur 

busted for drunk and disorderly... 

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@jacquelinelarkspur Maybe we could hijacqui a plane.

Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

@ellyd22 we're all too old for that....

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

Honorable Member     Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

@emilyalt @ellyd22 @jacquelinelarkspur @lucyb112 

Emily, WHAT??! As the senior member of this ellieustrous group I take umbrage at being considered too old for anything 😎 . My dad used to fly in Vulcans and smuggle citrus fruit from Cyprus back to the UK in the bomb bay, so I am sure we can find a way of smuggling you across here. And drawing on my MI5 contacts from my previous employment I am sure we can circumvent any perceived irreguellieties associated with this approach.

But joking apart, I am sure we would all LOVE to see you over here some day. You will, of course, have to pass the UK Humour Entrance Exam first, which naturally includes the requirement to be able to spell the word humour correctly.

And finally, but most to the point, I love skirts on the knee or a little above. However I have been hankering after a calf length skirt recently and saw one I really liked a couple of days ago. But when I tried it on the shop the manager immediately said NO; since I have no waist (or is it no hips?) it made me look like a rectangular plank of wood. Maybe I need to find a calf length skirt in a different style; I'll keep looking 😀 .

Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

@fembecky 

Yes yes Becky.  I agree we aren't too old to hijack a plane.  We are too old to get caught!  However, your MI5 contacts should suffice in that regard.  A 'charter' with a bogus flight plan and altered transponder could work.

Yes, I 'get' most British humour.  I'm confident I can pass your test.  And as you can see, I know the 'correct' spelling.  I'm quite familiar from innumerable days spent in Canada. 

As for the timing, that's probably at least a year away unless you can expedite your 'charter'.  You should consider that it might be hard to get rid of me.

I agree with the shop manager.  She did you a solid.  No girl should ever look like a plank of wood!  Keep looking.

/EA

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@emilyalt 

You will, of course, have to pass the UK Humour Entrance Exam first.

You've passed.