Notifications
Clear all

Do you consciously adopt a "feminine" writing style here?

106 Posts
30 Users
214 Reactions
(@caroline2k)
Prominent Member     Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom

What an interesting question @alexina !

When I first saw the title I thought 'Of course not!'. However, this morning as I was typing some replies to messages, it struck me that I use words like 'sweet' 'Aww' (and 'flattered' lol) that I wouldn't be using in bloke-mode.

It's something that I've obviously been unconscious of - in the same way that my mannerisms change without really thinking. Possibly in years gone by, I have made an effort to sound more 'feminine' in my writing in the same way I have always forced feminine mannerisms and it's just been assimilated into my girly side. Who knows? Who cares!? lol

I do think though that I've never called anyone 'Hun', although I am guilty of calling the Other Half 'babes' on occasion - much to her amusement.😳🤣

1 Reply
Baroness
(@alexina)

Noble Member     Fife, United Kingdom

@caroline2k 

It was my own increasing use of terms like those that got me thinking about the rest of my writing. We each have our own style when writing, whether it's done consciously or not, and, my use of these terms notwithstanding, I use the same style that I've done since having to write a lot in the world of work. Injecting humour into otherwise dry and boring reports developed my penchant for writing to please myself and I really went to town in emails! I discovered that sending emails, to individuals or the management team as a whole, provided both an outlet and a spur for creativity.

It also occurred to me that, since retiring, I've not had that particular outlet...until now. See, there's yet another benefit of being part of this community, this truly is a gift that keeps on giving, ha ha!

What is also very satisfying is the number of replies that begin like yours, "I've never thought about it but...." What a privilege it is to, even in a small way, spark individual thought in others.

Thanks, Caroline xx

Duchess
(@alison-anderson)
Noble Member     Middlesex county, New Jersey, United States of America

My writing is definitely better than speaking, because I have a chance to think much longer about a reply instead of just reacting. I also have a chance to reread my reply and do minor (or sometimes major) edits before hitting the Reply button. Maybe it's my logical way of thinking, or maybe it comes from my experience answering user's technical questions via email, but I try to be exact in what I say

But I don't think it's more feminine. Yes, I'll end a PM with "Hugs," but not so much with forum posts. I guess I'm a bit like Horton. I say what I mean and mean what I say. 😀 

1 Reply
Baroness
(@alexina)

@alison-anderson 

Thanks, Alison, that's pretty much how I feel too. I use hon or honey, extend words like soooo or looove etc, and add kisses at the end, but my writing is the same as it has been since I picked up my first seagull feather and sharpened the tip. xx

(@shelly-lynn)
Estimable Member     Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America

I do know that my handwriting is so much prettier when I am dressed. You can certainly tell which notes I have written as a woman because I have two completely different styles.

2 Replies
Baroness
(@alexina)

@shelly-lynn 

Thanks, Shelly Diane, now there's an example of how much the digital age has influenced me, I hadn't thought about the physical act of writing on paper!

I've become so used to typing or swiping that I really only write on paper for shopping lists and greeting cards now.

Thanks again for giving me more to think about 😊

Allie 

(@shelly-lynn)

Estimable Member     Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America

@alexina 

We don’t spend as much time handwriting anymore but I do enjoy seeing the woman in me having such pretty handwriting.

Page 2 / 2
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?