Grocery store encounter

18 Posts
14 Users
94 Thanks
Duchess
Topic starter
(@michellemybell)
Honorable Member     Clearwater, Florida, United States of America

I was shopping in the local grocery earlier today wearing a pink golf shirt.  Nothing really feminine about it.  A fellow stocking shelfs commented to me "see real men can wear pink"  my reply was who says I'm a real man.  That shocked him and he wasn't sure if I was kidding or not so he just froze and stayed mute as I walked by smiling.  

I owe it to this wonderful site that I now have the confidence to say something like that to a total stranger without worry.  I have so much gratitude for all the work that so many do to keep this site up and fulfilling its mission of support and encouragement.  I am also truely blessed to have found so many friends here that know things about me that only my wife knows and a few things that she doesn't and have helped me feel loved and accepted.

17 Replies
9 Replies
(@jacquelinelarkspur)

Famed Member     Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom

@michellemybell 

That's what CDH is all about, Michelle. We're all here for one another.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

Illustrious Member     Norfolk, United Kingdom

@jacquelinelarkspur

We are THE most supportive site, and it's especially lovely that every single member plays a part in that.

A proper community.

I love it here.

Blow Kiss Left

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

Noble Member     Staffordshire, United Kingdom

@michellemybell 

Good for you Michelle.

I’ve had that same phrase said to me by a lady at work back in the day when I actually went into the office to work more than once a week and we wore smarter shirts than the casual ones we wear nowadays. 

And yes, this site is a real confidence builder isn’t it?

Duchess
(@alison-anderson)

Noble Member     Middlesex county, New Jersey, United States of America

@michellemybell I have heard guys trying to reach up for something and still unable to reach it say something in jest like "I left my high heels at home." I'll have to remember that one; in my case it would be true!

Lady
(@harriette)

Famed Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

@michellemybell So far, I can remember 3 encounters.

My first was when walking on a fairly isolated sidewalk while androgynously dress, with small breast forms. A young man approached and raised a pointed finger towards me. I thought, here we go.

Q: Are you a man or a girl?

Not are you a man or a woman? That might show you how he thinks of women. So, I replied, "Does it matter?"

The second time was when I sort of surprised a woman doing gardening work while I was wearing what I call gypsy pants. When she stood up, the first thing that she blurted out was, "Are you a girl?"

Not many girls/women are 70 years old, 6' tall and wear a moustache. I ignored her question.

The third time was last Sunday. Dressed androgynously, including shoes and bright red nail polish but no breast forms, my wife and I went to an annual, new car show.

Throughout the entire show nobody said anything about my nails, until at the end a rep mentioned something like, "I like your nails." She didn't seem to entirely approve 100%, but I thanked her and added, "You should have seen me dressed on Saturday night!" and left her hanging on that.

Apparently, while going to the show, I missed someone on our subway making a quiet comment to her partner. Without entirely knowing that my wife was listening or that she was associated with me, she said, "He's wearing women's shoes". My wife has big ears and these things bug her.

Duchess
(@pattyphose)

Noble Member     Long Island, New York, United States of America

@michellemybell Imagine if you were femme and out and a guy said, "I see real women still wear nylons". That could have been an interesting encounter and feeling.

Duchess
(@michellemybell)

@pattyphose It certainly would get a different response:)

Duchess
(@pattyphose)

Noble Member     Long Island, New York, United States of America

@michellemybell I'm sure it would.

Baroness
(@alexina)

Prominent Member     Fife, United Kingdom

@michellemybell Hi, Michelle, excellent response! 

"I am also truely blessed to have found so many friends here that know things about me that only my wife knows and a few things that she doesn't and have helped me feel loved and accepted."

Snap! I totally agree, this is a lovely place.

Allie x

Duchess
(@jennconn)
Honorable Member     Florida, United States of America

That’s a great story Michelle.  I’m glad you said that.  I’ll bet the stocker at least had a good story to tell when he got home.

Hostess
(@ab123)
Famed Member     Surrey, United Kingdom

Nice comment back Michelle. Was it here that one of ours in drab was going through the airport and at security one of the staff checked the passport. On seeing the age she exclaimed' My you look much younger' to which he came back'You should see me in my makeup'......

Confidence is key. A few years back I was out on my own and a young man seemed to take an interest in me. I was using a cash machine at the side of some shops and always use the shiny fascia as a mirror to see who is standing near me. I spied him looking at me as he stood by some railings. As I walked away I could see him walking behind so I crossed the road to my car. As I got to my car I turned and faced him and asked what he was doing. He brazenly asked me 'Are those your tits?' I relied  'They are and won't be yours so f*** off. glared at him then watched as he turned tail and walked of quite quickly.

4 Replies
Duchess
(@michellemybell)

@ab123 I love that reply and plan to use it when the opportunity presents.

Lady
(@jillannquinn)

Prominent Member     Reno, Nevada, United States of America
Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

Famed Member     North County San Diego, California, United States of America

@ab123 OMG!  LOL!  That's the funniest thing I heard all week!  Perfect comeback Ang!

Duchess
(@alison-anderson)

Noble Member     Middlesex county, New Jersey, United States of America

@ab123 The saying goes, if you look as good as your passport photo, you're not well enough to travel 🤣 .

Duchess Annual
(@catgurl)
Noble Member     Marietta, Georgia, United States of America

Good for you, Michelle!  Quick thinking with your come back. 

Over the years, I have shopped in many of the same stores so that even though they are large, many of the employees have come to know me in both male and female mode.  It is always fun to joke around with the employees when other customers are withing hearing range.  I often will say something like, "Well, when I see you tomorrow, I will be wearing my pretty female clothes."  The strange look on some people's faces is worth noting. 

1 Reply
(@heels234)

Honorable Member     Mesa, Arizona, United States of America

My credit union has a branch in a major grocery store in my area and Michelle will do her shopping and banking in the same store.I dont change my voice too much and the look on some of the customers faces is wonderful.They are waiting in line behind what appears to be a female and hearing a male voice.Those friendly confrontations have led to many enjoyable conversations.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?