How my parents dealt with it

15 Posts
8 Users
28 Thanks
Lady
Topic starter
(@haileyd)
Reputable Member     Wisconsin, United States of America

How my parents dealt with it,did it well with my crossdressing.All started at age 8 being diagnosed with aspergers,It was mentioned to them that  there would be lgbt issues with me.They decided to let me figure it out.Knew I was not not transgender.It was at age 11 I finally figured it out,was with mom at a yard sale and found me at a clothes line with girls clothing on it and had my eye on a blue dress.My mom knew not to say no and finally found it.She bought it and let me try it on at home.Saw it was love at site after I put it on..Dad found out and took it well too.Both knew to accept it and knew a part time daughter was coming.Dad decided to take me out to get my ears pierced too.They have been supportive to this day

14 Replies
3 Replies
Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

Noble Member     Staffordshire, United Kingdom

@haileyd That’s wonderful that they researched this and even better that they have supported you so well 

Lady
(@haileyd)

@lucyb112 Knew not give up on me.They wanted to  see me have a great life.

(@cdashley)

Noble Member     Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

@haileyd That’s great to hear.

Hostess
(@ab123)
Famed Member     Surrey, United Kingdom

How lovely is that Hailey. The diagnosis was obviously thorough and highlighted issues that may occur. Then the support your parents gave afterwards is nothing short of wonderful. It just takes the pressure off while you find your way in life.So many of us wished that was available regardless of whether there were other issues. 

1 Reply
Lady
(@haileyd)

@ab123 Both did their research too finding this is with autism and aspergers later on

Lady
(@dazzler)
Noble Member     Cardiff, South Glamorgan, United Kingdom

Why/how did an Aspergers syndrome diagnosis lead to LGBTQ "issues". I know many with Aspergers, my son has traits of it, but he's not fully Aspergers. None of these have LGBTQ "issues". Who was it that said there would be issues? Being on the LGBTQ spectrum isn't normally linked with Aspergers.

Cerys

6 Replies
Lady
(@haileyd)

@dazzler aspergers is a form of autism
Lady
(@dazzler)

@haileyd Yes, I know, but how does an Aspergers diagnosis lead to LGBTQ "issues"? There is no link between autism and the LGBTQ spectrum.

Cerys

Lady
(@haileyd)

@dazzler There have been studies on this finding it

Lady
(@dazzler)

@haileyd I have many friends on the autism spectrum, and I know people with autistic kids. This is the first I've heard of it. I shall go and have a search.

Cerys

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

Noble Member     Staffordshire, United Kingdom

@dazzler Hailey is correct Cerys, there have been a number of studies over the last few years that have indicated a higher rate of LGBT identity associated with Autism/Aspergers

Lucy 

Baroness Annual
(@rhondalee)

Honorable Member     Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America

@dazzler I happened by this thread. I have high functioning Asbergers and havd always wondered if autism was linked to gender issues. Recently I have discovered that it IS! My endocrinologist confirmed it when I had an appointment a couple weeks ago in Atlanta. More convincing is a podcast #17 in "Gender: A Wider Lens", which covers gender issues in adolescents. Worth a listen. The same characteristics are evident. Something like half of autistic children have gender issues, or perhaps I have it reversed, far above the norm of something like 2% in the general population. The podcast details how autistic people need structure and other connections. I want to listen to it again, as it is all truly fascinating.

(@aliceunderwire)
Illustrious Member     Near Burlington, Vermont, United States of America

Hi Hailey,

That’s wonderful you had the support from both of your parents.

Alice

Lady
(@kelgels)
Estimable Member     Tasmania, Australia

Dad didn't know and mum caught me a couple of times and went of her head.  She just reckons the Gay, Lesbian, Transgender thing people are sick and should be shut away in a effort to eradicate the desease.  She doesn't know I still do it.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?