Notifications
Clear all

New girl question: How did you find your en femme name?

97 Posts
54 Users
290 Reactions
(@justnikki)
Honorable Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America

I can't say why Nikki resonated with me early on, it just did so I listened to that. My legal name is a unisex name that I've never really cared for much, so it was something of a surprise to discover that I actually like it better en femme. I still like Nikki more, and it's always welcome to hear others address me that way, but it's not anything I try to enforce. My wife addresses me as Nikki when I'm en femme, and if were out she'll introduce me to others that way and that's good enough for me!

1 Reply
Lady
(@hottestwitch)

Prominent Member     Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom

@justnikki Quite a simple one for me to answer;  I chose the combination of hottestwitch and Holly Marie as a tribute to the gorgeous Holly Marie Combs, who played Piper Halliwell in the original version of  Charmed; one of the most beautiful women to ever walk the face of the earth.  And yes, I've always been just a little smitten with her...  Holly XXX

(@caroline2k)
Prominent Member     Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom

@innatelyindi I chose mine based on the name of the first girl I really fancied when at junior school (aged 8!) and the actress Carolyn Jones - again, I had a massive crush on Morticia Addams as a child!

Now, the name just feels... right

9 Replies
Baroness
(@revel)

Noble Member     Minnesota, United States of America

@caroline2k I can relate, sister. When I was younger, I had a massive crush on Wednesday Addams, played by Christina Ricci. Haha. ♥️

Rev

(@caroline2k)

@revel

Ah - Wednesday Addams... I must admit that although I have never managed to get myself a Morticia dress, I often find myself dressing in a Wednesday (or possibly Sabrina) style. 🙂

Baroness
(@revel)

@caroline2k Nice. When you dress in Wednesday style, don't forget to braid your hair. 😉

Rev 

(@caroline2k)

@revel Ah, they were the days! Although I still have long hair, it has become so thin that if I did braids they'd just look like I had two pieces of string hanging off my head 😢

Baroness
(@revel)

@caroline2k Understood. I was trying to add a little humor, but there's always the option of buying a black wig with braids. 😉

Rev

(@caroline2k)

@revel Oh I did get the humour Rev! And it was duly noted 😉

Just thought I'd try to be humorous myself - but it obviously must have just sounded like self-pity! 😁

Baroness
(@revel)

@caroline2k Good. I'm glad you took it the right way. At first, it sounded like self-pity, but now I totally understand with the emojis. Haha. Thank goodness for emojis. No worries. 🙂 

Rev 

Lady
(@kyrabrooke)

Estimable Member     Calgary, Alberta, Canada

@caroline2k Too cool! Love it! I loved Morticia too...I guess it aligns with my gothi-ness! ❤️ 🌺 Your highlights look fabulous in the sun!

(@caroline2k)

@kyrabrooke Yes indeed - I enjoy letting my inner Goth-girl into the light. A good excuse for loads of eyeliner! 🙂

Thank you Kyra, but sadly my highlights are not attached 😁

(@jenna116)
Estimable Member     Florida, United States of America

I was looking for something that might approximate my guy name and retain the same initials.  Jennifer was close to that.  Joy because of the feeling when I dress.  And Atwell to connote the wellness as well as a take off of the @ sign.  

Over the years I've observed that lots of us adopt a feminized version of our guy name.  In other words Paul becomes Paula.  Which I think indicates that the girl self is well integrated with the guy self.  

Others seem to adopt an entirely different name.  Perhaps to keep strangers from guessing what's under the makeup?  But I think choosing a totally different name is making a statement that this person is an entity unto herself.  

3 Replies
Lady
(@kyrabrooke)

@jenna116 Always liked Jennifer...but pls correct me if I use Jen/Jenn & you prefer your full handle! Habit... ❤️

(@jenna116)

Estimable Member     Florida, United States of America

@kyrabrooke I'm good with Jenn, Jennifer or even JJ

Lady
(@kyrabrooke)

@jenna116 Oh good...Jenn! Hope your weekend is going great! ❤️ 🌹 Kyr

Lady
(@kyrabrooke)

My name is a varied form of my male name & means "One of Light" in Sanskrit, and "Noble" or "Noble Lady" in Greek.

Whereas my Celtic name Keira/Kiera means "dark one", "dark little one" or "dark haired one", and also has a male designation (reporter - *NBC).

Short for Kyra~Brooke Marin. Marin is gender neutral meaning "deep ocean". or ''Ocean". So, Brooke flows there, carries light of my spirit home!

(For fun, in Star Trek, Kira is Bajoran, not, as altered to surgically look Cardassian). I'd a young crush on her!

13 Replies
Baroness
(@revel)

@kyrabrooke Thank you for sharing with us the meaning of your name. My femme name "Revel" means extreme enjoyment or great pleasure, which I have when I transform into Revel. Haha. I'm a huge Star Trek fan! I remember "Major Kira" in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I always liked Odo and Kira.  

Revel "Rev" ❤️ 

Lady
(@kyrabrooke)

@revel I love Revel...well, you exude it ... Yes, Odo & Kira, lol! Thank-u, always fun! <3

Baroness
(@revel)

@kyrabrooke Thank you, my friend. ♥️

Yes, I'm an Odo fan and I have autographs of René Auberjonois (RIP) who played Odo. Kira and Odo sure had a different but interesting relationship. Haha. Agreed. DS9 was fun to watch, especially seeing Odo and Quark debating. Those two helped provide comic relief. Quark! Haha. 😆

BTW, I love your femme name as well. 

Rev 

Lady
(@kyrabrooke)

@revel Ha! No doubt...that's awesome, I love my auto's. DS9 was great 🤩 , considering following up another great series; their comic relief and antics of Quark, hilarious! lol. ❤️

Lady
(@hottestwitch)

@kyrabrooke Brings me to a pretty obvious question:  Jadzia or Ezri?  While both is a pretty obvious answer, I always just tended to think Ezri was even cuter...  Holly XXX

Lady
(@kyrabrooke)

@hottestwitch I totally agree, Ezri is super cute, Jadzia played the part well, but agreed! Big luv, Kyra <3

Lady
(@hottestwitch)

@kyrabrooke Kyra: a lady with taste!

Lady
(@kyrabrooke)

@hottestwitch Too kind Holly~Marie, yet it t'was all begun with your fine selection! How easy from there it was! <3 Kyr

Lady
(@hottestwitch)

@revel If you're talking Star Trek, surely the best were Grace Lee Whitney who played Janice Rand in the original series, Roxanne Dawson in "Voyager" and (oooh, yeah baby!) Jolene Blalock as Sub-Commander T'Pol in "Enterprise"...  Holly XXX

Baroness
(@revel)

@hottestwitch Yes, I love Star Trek. You mentioned some good ones, but I myself prefer Seven of Nine, played by Jeri Ryan. I'm a huge fan of the Borg and Seven. ♥️7️⃣

The Borg don't have names, they have numbers. Haha.

Rev 🖖

Lady
(@kyrabrooke)

@hottestwitch Oh wow...super fans! With a couple friends a few years back, and I was stunned at the level of continuity & detail they had on tap! Grace had a major role only next to Uhura, Roxanne for sure a fave along with Jolene Blalock: nailed it! As Rev says, Seven was likewise a top pick of mine from Voyager! Big luv, K  

Baroness
(@revel)

@kyrabrooke Now I like you even more as my friend, knowing that Seven of Nine was also a top pick of yours from Voyager! 😁 I will be sending you a PM soon, so we can discuss Star Trek. 🖖

Rev ❤️ 

Lady
(@kyrabrooke)

@revel Love your *altitude, so much! For sure: Seven, are you kidding me? A programmed citizen in deprogramming mode, of a culture of greater empathy! Haha! (I'm Seven!) Yet - allow me to respond to the warp drive of your expertise, which surely will work out fine! 

Big luv, Kyr ❤️   

Baroness
(@revel)

After having lunch, I now remember that on June 11, 2019, five years ago, I decided to name myself “Revel” as my femme name. I LOVE my nickname “Rev” as well. This makes me REVEL alright. Haha. 

Revel "Rev" Heart Up  

2 Replies
Lady
(@kyrabrooke)

@revel Take care, Rev! Haha!

Duchess
(@innatelyindi)

Trusted Member     Lorton, Virginia, United States of America

@revel it is a beautiful name to go with a beautiful soul

(@gisellereeves)
Estimable Member     Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

I stole the name Giselle from a lady my wife worked with

1 Reply
Lady
(@kyrabrooke)

@gisellereeves I love it! ❤️

Lady
(@saramarshall)
Eminent Member     Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States of America

So I always liked the name Sara and felt like it fit me pretty well. I also enjoy the movie forgetting Sarah Marshall as I love the girls and their styles that they portray.  I would probably have chosen a more unique last name but then I thought if anyone was googling my femme name and I was named after a star from a movie then I would be very low on the search list.  Also my wife likes it.

Lady
(@jennyjstoned)
Reputable Member     Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States of America

Jenny was quite literally just a random name. I wanted a name to go incognito with kind of like a secret identity so I looked to my favorite source of secret identities, superheroes. The alliteration came next and settled into Jenny Jones.

I have a different name I now use in public and in real life and I kind of like keeping that secret and having a split from my online identity. That name was based off of an old pun based off of my old name, but made femme.

1 Reply
Duchess
(@innatelyindi)

Lady
(@yuko5634)
Trusted Member     Osaka, Japan

My name, Yuuri, is taken from a character in a novel series for young adult. She's feminine (of course ^_^), nice to people and timid, but in life-and-death situation, she proved that she was able to manipulate other people in order to survive. I'm not manipulative, don't like manipulation and don't even want to become one. However, thanks to author's excellent writing, somehow I can't hate her and understand the logic behind her action. I even think that if I were a character in this novel, I wouldn't be able to resist her manipulation.

Another reason is that this name sounds nice to my ear 🙂

This is just a name I would like to give to my character in games. I'm not going out so I don't use it in real life.

Another name that I came up is Sera, like the scientist in the game Final Fantasy 8.

Duchess Annual
(@michellewayne)
Trusted Member     Indiana, United States of America

I simply adjusted my male name. If I were born a female, I would have been Michelle. 

Lady
(@harriette)
Famed Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I noticed a few comments suggesting caution over your identity and the separation between your en femme life and your, um, regular life.

There are two things that you can do to flesh out your new identity.

1) Set up an e-mail forwarding account, such as one through duck.com. This will help with using a separate on-line ID, but all of your e-mail still goes through your normal linked account.

2) Get a new credit card with your en femme name. This is very useful for making some on-line purchases or even purchases in brick-and-mortor stores. There are at least a couple of useful threads on CDH about how to do this.

Lady
(@jesh)
Trusted Member     South Australia, Australia

I wanted a name that related to my German ancestors who emigrated to Australia in the 1840`s and Johannah just popped into my head!

My now Late Mother once mentioned though that if I had been born a Girl, the name that they had chosen would have been Rebecca!

Errr.... Nein nein nein!!!

1 Reply
Baroness
(@marion54)

Eminent Member     NRW, Germany

@jesh Both names are still common in Germany, but yours is better. Greetings from the German girl Marion

Baroness
(@marion54)
Eminent Member     NRW, Germany

Marion was my crush at school and Black because I like the color. Almost too simple or

Lady
(@arrevolution)
Reputable Member     Bradenton, Florida, United States of America

Julie is a girly name. So it tells the world you are a woman! Why did I pick it? Well here is the new answer. Julie is a baby girl name of Latin and Greek origin. Most commonly associated with the Latin word Iūlius meaning "youthful", this name is a light and airy choice to celebrate baby's childlike innocence. Also related to the Greek word ioulos, Julie is a soft, cute word to describe a fluffy or "downy-bearded" dove. Plus, this name isn't going anywhere thanks to the acclaimed actress Julie Andrews, known for her starring roles in Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music, and Princess Diaries. Between that and my Mom's friend Joseph telling me on February 17, 2024.
Julie can be associated with the famous actor Judy Garland! She's the actor that played Dorothy in the wizard of oz. She had a large fan base in the gay community and became a gay icon. She stood among gay men that admired her ability as a performer, the way her personal struggles mirrored those of gay men in the United States during the height of her fame and her value as a camp figure. In the 1960s, a reporter asked how she felt about having a large gay following. She replied, "I couldn't care less. I sing to people!"
Julie can also be associated with Singer and actress Julie Andrews has long been famed for her
perfect pitch and impressive vocal range.
I am glad the name Julie popped in my head one day. Cause I didn't know and forgot the meaning of Julie and what it can be associated with girlfriend

2 Replies
Duchess
(@innatelyindi)

@arrevolution that is such a cool story behind your name; thank you for sharing

Lady
(@arrevolution)

Reputable Member     Bradenton, Florida, United States of America

@innatelyindi No prob girlfriend. I know my femme name was a random thought but it turns out I do have reasons for picking Julie!

Lady
(@jessicaattheweekend)
Eminent Member     Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom

Took me a while to figure it out but went for my favourite female character in Dune… yes I’m a geek and I like to dress up! 

Page 3 / 4
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?