Subtle hats?

14 Posts
10 Users
14 Thanks
Lady
Topic starter
(@birel)
Honorable Member     Iowa, United States of America

I need your help with alternatives to wigs, for when I want to show my femme side, but I’m not trying to pass or anything. I don’t often wear wigs, unless I’m going all out to dress. More often than not, I will just wear leggings or short shorts if it’s not too cold, but I’m still clearly me. However, unfortunately I have a “hair-challenged” head that I don’t like ruining my look. I wear baseball caps a lot, which usually works well enough for me. But what do I do about church? I don’t feel comfortable leaving a cap on during worship. So I would like to find some kind of hat that I could just leave on and no one pays any attention to, yet still be appropriately feminine. What do you girls think?

thank you!

Nancy

13 Replies
2 Replies
Managing Ambassador
(@robyn99)

Noble Member     Texas, United States of America

@birel Hi Nancy,

I will frequently wear a buff around the house and to zoom meetings. I basically fashion them into skullcaps. You can find all sorts of pretty patterns..... also berets are nice for colder temps outdoors.

- Robyn

Baroness
(@revel)

Noble Member     Minnesota, United States of America

@birel Hi Nancy,

I love wearing hats! I have a private photo gallery with a photo of me wearing a few of my hats, and I personally love any hat made out of wool. My favorite hat is my red wool hat with red satin roses on the side. Another one of my hats is a maroon beret with "Paris" embroidered on it. Yes, a beret is a very good choice. Wearing a beret can make you look cute and sexy at the same time! 😉 Please keep us updated, sister. Good luck. 

Rev

(@emilysouthern)
Estimable Member     Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States of America

That's a tough one Nancy, since it is rare to see any women wearing a feminine hat today, unless they are at Churchill Downs in the spring, Lol.

Only thing I can think of for this time of year is a cute woman's beanie hat or possibly a western style hat.  Probably depends on the area of the country you live.  If it were me, i'd go with a Kate Winslet titanic hat..

Emily

Duchess
(@flatlander48)
Noble Member     Cathedral City, California, United States of America

Nancy:

Check my Public Photos. Many are with hats as I don’t have a lot of hair either. I have a few wigs but I rarely wear them as I live in the desert.

2 Replies
(@Anonymous 93000)

Estimable Member

@flatlander48 You look marvelous in your hats, what a great look.

Duchess
(@flatlander48)

@nailgirl Thanks!

The story is this…

I bought my first hat, but didn’t wear it for months. I was living in New York State at the time and wigs were pretty handy in the Winter. However, as I don’t have full flexibility in my elbows and shoulders due to arthritis, I needed my wife to help me put them on. One Saturday I was going to look at another wig and I went walking around the house to ask my wife to help me. I looked up just in time to see her going out the driveway and there was no way I could get outside fast enough (in the snow) to stop her. I decided to wear the only hat that I had for the first time and that was how it started. I retired at the end of the following January and moved to the SoCal desert. I think in the nearly 8 years that I’ve been here I’ve worn wigs maybe 3 times.

Duchess
(@michellemybell)
Honorable Member     Clearwater, Florida, United States of America

You definitely have this hat thing down DeeAnn.  Love your pics!

1 Reply
Duchess
(@flatlander48)

@michellemybell Thank You! Necessity is the Mother of Invention…

(@lauren114)
Prominent Member     Connecticut, United States of America

What about wearing a scarf around your head ala Steve Van Zandt (bad example I know but easiest to visualize)?  I saw a woman recently wearing one and thought she looked really hot!   I really want to try it myself and I looking to buy an appropriate scarf.

Lady
Topic starter
(@birel)
Honorable Member     Iowa, United States of America

Hmmm the scarf look might be a possibility. I was thinking about maybe a beret style hat too.

2 Replies
(@lauren114)

Prominent Member     Connecticut, United States of America

@birel Yes!  Berets are really cute too.

Lady
(@harriette)

Noble Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

@birel My first thought was wearing a tam, similar to a beret. Femme versions could be found in a variety of feminine colours.

(@debbiedd)
Noble Member     los angeles, California, United States of America

I know Nancy I love hats too eventhough I have little hair loss. In summer I like big straw sun hats or fedoras which I wear with a sundress or baseball cap in jogging wear. Often I wear a beret in the winter which I love and get lots of compliments from strangers

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?