A very pleasant day

9 Posts
8 Users
37 Reactions
Lady
Topic starter
(@rebeccabaxter)
Noble Member     Cornwall, United Kingdom

My wife and I went to a garden centre and they had a wonderful clothes section there. We spent a couple of hours there, picking out skirts and tops for me, jumpers for the wife. I wasn't dressed because it was pouring with rain and the wind was high and I didn't fancy my wig go floating down the road, but that didn't stop me picking out clothes, holding them up against myself in front of the mirror and then taking them to the [unisex] fitting rooms to try stuff on. I ended up buying a couple of tops and a new skirt, wife bought a body-warmer. I have found I am getting quite comfortable looking at women's clothes while in drab whereas before I started cross-dressing, I would have felt very self-conscious.

Once shopping was done, we went and had a cup of coffee and discussed makeup and other girly things and when we got home, we had tea then I got dressed in my new outfit and she did my makeup for me, trying a few different things to make me look more feminine.

A long time ago, when I first started dressing, my wife, who was still a little unsure at the time, said that no matter what I did, I would always look like a man in a dress. However, this evening, after we had finished sorting my makeup out and I was in full Becca mode, I asked her if she still thought that and I was gratified to hear that she did not and thought the way everything had been done, I looked like a mature, attractive woman and if she saw me in the street, she doesn't think she'd know I wasn't a woman. How times have changed since I first tried a dreadful short skirt and sparkly top (I can't bring myself to post the photograph) just a few short months ago.

It's getting late now and it is time for the makeup to come off and for Becca to disappear for another day, but I expect she'll be out again tomorrow.

Hugs

Becca

8 Replies
7 Replies
Baroness
(@annaredhead)

Prominent Member     Cornwall, United Kingdom

@rebeccabaxter what a fabulous day, apart from the awful weather. I feel the same now about not feeling self-conscious looking at feminine clothes in a shop. I often seem to come out with more clothes than my wife. I've no idea why, but I am happy buying makeup on my own, but still need my wife with me when looking at clothes.

Hugs

Anna

(@rebeccabaxter)

Noble Member     Cornwall, United Kingdom

Posted by: @annaredhead

but still need my wife with me when looking at clothes.

I used to, and it is still helpful, but I have my own favourites now and although we often disagree as to colours and patterns, we do like the same styles so I'm less likely to balls it up completely when shopping on my own.

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

Prominent Member     Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

@rebeccabaxter 

Well, if there is one thing that can stop us Brits complaining about the weather, it must be enjoying a fabulous time shopping for girls clothes 😀 . It's heart warming to hear how far your journey is progressing and how supportive your wife is.

Hugs, (another) Rebecca

PS - weather was miserable here in the Cotswolds too

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

Noble Member     Bedfordshire, United Kingdom

@rebeccabaxter

I can't look at femme clothes when I'm in a shop with my OH, but even before I started mainly living as Fiona a month ago, I overcame any embarrassment about doing so in drab on my own.  The shop assistants don't have any issue, do they.  My OH would actually be supportive to the extend of leaving the shop to give me a chance to browse and buy, which surprised me, but you have a real treasure there Becca.  It's wonderful that she recognises your progress as much as you do.

Lady
(@harriette)

Famed Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted by: @finallyfiona

@rebeccabaxter

The shop assistants don't have any issue, do they.

Not if they treasure their commissions. 😉

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

Famed Member     Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom

@rebeccabaxter 

I love how nicely things have progressed for you. You're an inspiration, Rebecca. 

(@cdashley)

Noble Member     Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

@rebeccabaxter Sounds like a great day .

Hostess
(@ab123)
Famed Member     Surrey, United Kingdom

Well Becca I suppose we all had those 'Rocky Horror' moments when we started out as what we wore would have shocked an audience.  It's always gratifying reading progress such as yours where a partner has doubts but starts to take an interest and lend a hand. It's that connection with someone who can gently advise you and help you along to make better choices. The comments your wife made about you is wonderful and that she is at ease with you now. 

I hope it has strengthened the relationship and that you will share many an experience.

As we wait for the summer to appear I would suggest some wig tape to keep the hair in place.............

It's lovely to read your progress and keep those reports coming.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?