Another great first for me.

42 Posts
19 Users
147 Thanks
Lady
Topic starter
(@cdashley)
Noble Member     Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Maybe I’m crazy to think this was big but another first for wife and I with my crossdressing journey. Yesterday I did my normal routine for morning grocery run. I normally put on some makeup, sometimes heavier then others depending on how bold I’m feeling, my under things with pantyhose, a pair of my woman’s jeans and top. A nice shot of perfume and my little black ankle boots. Now nothing out of the ordinary while shopping just some friendly smiles from people ( never sure if there are sincere or laughing at me lol). Upon my return from grocery run and grabbing wife a tea I unloaded car, helped wife put away everything and then relaxed and drank our hot beverages. My wife wanted to go look at some supplies for another project at the house so I started going upstairs to change when she asked me where I was going. I replied going to change. Then she shocked me by saying” don’t change just go like that. “ I paused a second as we talked about it before and she informed me she wasn’t ready to do that. I asked her if she was sure as I didn’t mind changing to respect her wishes. She then again said “ That looks good so just wear rhat. “ Now I was thinking to myself wow she changed her tune on that one. So I put on my coat and my ankle boots still nothing from her. While in the store a female sales associate came us to us and asked if we needed any help which my wife replied “ Yes we do”. She started showing us a few different options and we chatted for a bit when I noticed her kinda looking at me while talking as if she noticed I was wearing makeup. Could have just been my nerves . Just the way she was looking right into my eyes while explaining the different products. Anyway it was a step in the right direction in my eyes. Other then Halloween I’ve never been out with her while dressed or in this case maybe a “ Metro “ look. No wig or forms in but still dressed in a feminine way. Thanks for reading this far and hope I haven’t bored you with my rambling. Have a super Sunday ladies.  

Ashley ❤️

41 Replies
22 Replies
Lady
(@jillleanne)

Honorable Member     Renfrew, Ontario, Canada

@cdashley love your story. Maybe she just thought you were gay. That’s what I get a lot. Let Them think what they want right? Maybe your wife is starting to understand, you are harming no one and you seem happier dressed and she prefers you happy. Here’s to the future trips together.

(@cdashley)

@jillleanne Thank you.I hope we have many more outings together.

Baroness
(@alexina)

Noble Member     Fife, United Kingdom

@cdashley 

Not boring at all, Ashley, and I speak as one who has been known to ramble, in fact I rejoice in my rambling 😀.

I've said before but it's worth repeating, I very much enjoy reading accounts like yours, infinitely preferable to the diet of doom, gloom and celebrity nose-picking we are fed daily!

Even those of us with accepting wives and SO's will read this and wish we had that level of support and encouragement, we always want more. Not to say that wanting more is necessarily a bad thing, it is that which drives us to achieve more. (Oh, philosophical Allie today, must be because it's Sunday).

Thanks again for brightening my day 🔆

Allie x

(@cdashley)

@alexina I’m sure most want more but I didn’t want to push to much as it is a understanding we have on the topic of my crossdressing. She does normally let me k ow what works for her. And seems to be getting better with time.

Baroness
(@alexina)

Noble Member     Fife, United Kingdom

@cdashley 

Snap, Ashley, I don't want to ruin what I'm very lucky to have. Yes, I've noticed that too, with us I think it's because we (Allie) spend more time talking.

Another benefit ❤️ @

(@dovemtn2016)

Reputable Member     Tucson, Arizona, United States of America

@cdashley Very nice Ashley.

(@cdashley)

@dovemtn2016 thank you Christine.

Lady
(@sashabennett)

Reputable Member     Wick, Caithness, United Kingdom

@cdashley Hi Ashley, fabulous story, I'm sure it's going to be just another small step, after all our journeys are just a series of these in the main. I'm sure we are all pleased to read that your SO is so understanding & I hope you continue to enjoy the journey together, it really is the best way to do it.

X

Sasha

(@cdashley)

@sashabennett Thank you very much Sasha, I guess over time things change. We have come a long way since I came out to her. I’m very lucky she has an open mind and opening it more and more over time.

Duchess
(@jwhite)

Reputable Member     Fort Collins, Colorado, United States of America

@cdashley Ashley, What a great story! It's terrific to hear your wife is more accepting. I hope it happens more for you! I hope I'll be able to share a similar story sometime.

xxx

Jamie

(@cdashley)

@jwhite Thank you Jamie, it surprised me when she mentioned it. And yes let’s hope it’s the start of something good.

Duchess
(@jwhite)

Reputable Member     Fort Collins, Colorado, United States of America

@cdashley, My wife has surprised me several times. When I told her I wanted to dress, she was reluctant. Now, she has surprised me with compliments a couple of times. I'm taking my next steps slowly.

xxx

Jamie

(@cdashley)

@jwhite That’s great Jamie, I go with baby steps myself. I just let her set the pace.

Lady
(@harriette)

Famed Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

@cdashley Thanks for your story, Ashley.

There are many stories like this on CDH and I try to read all of them. I like to think that I absorb things from the experience of others through osmosis. I may not comment on them, but I do pay attention. I am sure many others here do the same thing.

Just know that we are listening. 🥰

Lady
(@jillannquinn)

Prominent Member     Reno, Nevada, United States of America

@cdashley I’m always so happy to read posts like yours. They’re never boring as they’re full of joy and hope, two things that we don’t see in the news. And no, it wasn’t boring at all. Such great progress in a relationship never is. I look forward to reading about your next outing together.

Hugs, Jill

(@cdashley)

@jillannquinn Thanks so much Jill. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Duchess
(@jjorgenson)

Eminent Member     Michigan, United States of America

@cdashley congratulations, Ashley! I think it is a really BIG deal and am super happy for you AND your wife!💋

(@cdashley)

@jjorgenson Thanks so much Janet, it was a nice surprise that day.  

Lady
(@harriette)

Famed Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted by: @cdashley

we chatted for a bit when I noticed her kinda looking at me while talking as if she noticed I was wearing makeup. Could have just been my nerves . Just the way she was looking right into my eyes while explaining the different products. 

When I asked for help in a store, a while ago, one sales clerk asked another for help. When the second one started to explain things, she couldn't / wouldn't take her eyes off of my bumpy chest.

Hey, lady, my 👀 are up here. 🤪

(@cdashley)

Lady
(@candycross)

Estimable Member     Queensland, Australia

@cdashley well thankyou for such an inspiring story. Seems like you are heading in a positive direction, l am happy for you. X jane

(@cdashley)

@candycross thanks Jane. It was a great experience for me.

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)
Noble Member     Bedfordshire, United Kingdom

That's wonderful Ashley, thank you for posting, I certainly enjoyed reading about it.  I hope you and your lovely wife get to spend more time out as girls together 🙂

Fiona xxx

1 Reply
(@cdashley)

@finallyfiona Thank you Fiona, I hope so too.  🤗

Duchess
(@michellemybell)
Honorable Member     Clearwater, Florida, United States of America

That is a great uplifting story Ashley and I enjoyed reading it.  Gives me hope for the future.

1 Reply
(@cdashley)

@michellemybell Thanks so much Michelle. Here’s to a great future hun.

Lady
(@carla66)
Estimable Member     Barcelona , Barcelona, Spain

Thank you for your story Ashley, as Michelle say it gives us hope. And the important thing is what you and your wife think.

Kisses from Carla

Lady
Topic starter
(@cdashley)

Thanks Carla, as time goes on she is dealing with things great.  I don’t push the issue but rather let her set the pace.  

Lady
(@sf)
Reputable Member     SoCal, California, United States of America

Ashley, That is a wonderful story.  It is so nice to have an accepting, or at least understanding wife.  As for me I don't "push" the crossdressing issues either, and sometimes I get surprised as well.  Have fun, and congrats...  Staci.  

1 Reply
(@cdashley)

@sf Thanks Staci

Hostess
(@ab123)
Famed Member     Surrey, United Kingdom

Lovely aventure Ashley and made so special by your wife surprising you by not having to change. I hope in time she will come to accept more of you. A special lady.

1 Reply
(@cdashley)

@ab123 Thank you Angela, yes I’m very lucky to have her on board.  Maybe the start of 2 girls going out together.

Duchess
(@robyn1408)
Estimable Member     West Barnstable, Massachusetts, United States of America

Lovely Ashley. I could picture the whole scene, almost hear her nonchalant "wear that, it looks fine". Fantastic.

1 Reply
(@cdashley)

@robyn1408 Lol. It went just like that.

J J
Lady
(@jjandme)
Noble Member     California, United States of America

That is nice to hear, and but too surprising. With time and frequency many of our SOs do start to come around and realize this is really no big deal. Mine accepts certain things as normal these days like the panties, yoga pants or women's jeans I wear on a regular basis (at least when I wear pants and not shorts.)

As for the SA, no doubt she noticed and found it interesting, but ultimately realized it is no big deal...so what that a guy has on some make up. Most people really do not care what others are wearing and it is only when stirred up by idealogs that it becomes an issue.

1 Reply
(@cdashley)

@jjandme Thanks JJ.  That’s great your wife is cool with your choices.  And not sure what she thought but she didn’t skip a beat in helping us. She was super friend and good at her job.

Duchess Annual
(@isabella22)
Estimable Member     Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Great story Ashley, another proof that little steps work. Certainly not there yet. As I read the comments, conversation helps a lot. Recently, I tried on a new pair of summer pants I had purchased with padding and forms on, no wig or makeup. She was impressed on how they looked and fitted on me and added «this is a total different look of you », could mean one more small gain.

1 Reply
(@cdashley)

@isabella22 Baby steps hun. That’s how I take things.

Lady
(@lillie)
Reputable Member     South Carolina, United States of America

Ashley, glad you had a great day and SO took another step forward. It is great a joy when they are engaging. Mine has surprised me, in the last couple of weeks. Still not going out, but time will tell.

Lynne

2 Replies
(@cdashley)

@lillie Thank you Lynne, I hope nothing but good things for you.

Lady
(@lillie)

Reputable Member     South Carolina, United States of America
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?