Interview en femme

21 Posts
10 Users
97 Thanks
Lady
Topic starter
(@chanel)
Reputable Member     New Jersey, United States of America

Recently, I forwarded my resume for an opening at a healthcare company looking for someone to work at the front desk. I didn’t think I would get a call back, but I didn’t really care as it was probably too far to commute. Last week I was a bit surprised when they requested an interview over Zoom. I decided to do the interview but wasn’t too motivated. It finally dawned on me this morning- why not do the interview with a feminine look..? If I got the job, I would have established a feminine identity with them and I could dress accordingly whenever I wanted without any surprises.  If I didn’t get the job- so what. So this morning I slipped into a chic feminine business suit, red blouse and printed silk scarf, did my eyes, lips, and cheeks very lightly- and just for the perfect professional feminine feel I slipped on some black pumps and sat down for my interview.  When the call came in I felt so confident!! The young lady interviewing me opened the interview by saying my scarf looked pretty. I was beaming!! We had a light, wonderful conversation and she said I was exactly the type of person they were interested in. I should be hearing back w/in a couple of weeks for my next interview. I am so excited…my only dilemma? What to wear next…

20 Replies
14 Replies
Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

Illustrious Member     Norfolk, United Kingdom

@chanel

Oh wow  - I have a new heroine (to go alongside @raven188).

Go you 🙂

I REALLY hope you get the job ... and you absolutely HAVE to keep us updated.

Will you accept it if offered?

Hugs

Ellie x 

Lady
(@chanel)

@ellyd22 I really hope I get the job!! This position went from “I don’t care” to my number 1 choice immediately!! If I get it, I will accept- but I don’t want to jinx myself. I was never so bubbly and confident in an interview- it was actually fun. Wow 🤩

Lady
(@raven188)

Honorable Member     Idaho, United States of America

@ellyd22 lol, thanks Ellie, I'd rather look as good as you than be a heroine though.

Lady
(@raven188)

Honorable Member     Idaho, United States of America

@chanel 

Wow, this is super fun. If you get the job, will you go en femme all the time? Or switch back and forth? It's important to talk about that up front, as sometimes people have a hard time with the switching between genders, more than they might with just a full time crossdresser.

The professional look that works best for me is a high wasted pencil skirt with a button front blouse, but it sounds like you nailed the outfit part of the interview already.

I wish you all the best!

Lady
(@chanel)

@raven188 Thank you so much Sarah, I have thought a little about that, but haven’t fully decided. The only thing I have decided is to keep it tame and professional- every day. I like the idea of a pencil skirt and blouse…if I get the job- I am definitely using that option!

Lady
(@harriette)

Famed Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

@chanel What an opportunity, both for you and for crossdressing in general!

Good luck!

Lady
(@chanel)

@harriette Thank you so much Harriette—we are indeed moving forward.

(@cdashley)

Noble Member     Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

@chanel That’s awesome, good luck on your next interview. Must have been a huge confidence boost for you.

Lady
(@chanel)

@cdashley Thank you Ashley- it was indeed a huge confidence booster. I feel so good about it, I’m  bursting with joy!

Lady
(@purplepandajdk)

Trusted Member     Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America

@chanel 

Congrats!!

And, for the interviews, just keep it professional 🙂 keep rocking it

Lady
(@chanel)

@purplepandajdk Thank you JD!!

Duchess
(@loneleycd)

Noble Member     Roland, Iowa, United States of America

@chanel Good luck with the job, Chanel. A job opportunity like this is a dream for many of us. 

For myself I am thinking of retiring this year, coming up to 70 years old this year I am not sure my body can take another year, but with inflation I don't think I can afford full retirement after about 3 or 4 years.  SO I am thinking of going to work at Target where I was retired from in2018. If they allow me to come back there I intend to work as Cassie and only Cassie. 

OH, as I have posted about before I was working at Torrid for 3 hours on Sunday's, but was let go last month, they said I couldn't give them the hours they needed. Worse yet I fear that this Torrid will close up within a year and the mall within the next 5 years. Seems after Covid many retail stores are struggling. 

Lady
(@harriette)

Famed Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

@loneleycd Sorry to hear that, Cassie!

It seems that malls in general don't have long to last. Can I offer any suggestions as to what to work at for a few years? No, I don't know what I would head towards at our ages, either.

Lady
(@chanel)

@loneleycd Good plan, it may not seem like work at all if Cassie is there!

Hostess
(@ab123)
Famed Member     Surrey, United Kingdom

Well Chanel after such a strong start I would keep with the theme of what you wore for the interview if successful for the next stage. Obviously you made a good impression and your attitude towards the initial interview probably relaxed you making it perfect.

Maybe a more sombre colored blouse....

Lady
Topic starter
(@chanel)

Thank you Angela- I will take your advice and keep my feminine style if I get another interview. I also like the idea of keeping it a bit muted…

Baroness Annual
(@d44)
Noble Member     New York, United States of America

Good luck Chanel!

1 Reply
Lady
(@chanel)

@d44 Thank you so much for the support Fiona 😀

Duchess
(@reallylauren)
Noble Member     Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Hi Chanel,

It can be done, so if you get the job, allow the woman hiding inside to be totally free to be herself!  I am a trans woman and transitioned while at work two years ago, and have never looked back. I work at the front desk as well, and the staff who work in the building all view me as "the lady at the desk"

I wish you good luck, and hope you get to enjoy the new journey.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

1 Reply
Lady
(@chanel)

@reallylauren That sounds perfect Lauren, maybe if I am lucky I will eventually be known as “the lady at the front desk” too! Thank you for the encouragement and the kind words…

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?