My younger years growing up before I even knew what CD was

8 Posts
8 Users
30 Thanks
Lady
Topic starter
(@iwishiwasfemale)
Eminent Member     Boston , Massachusetts, United States of America

So back when I was a child my mom always took me to get her hair done on Saturdays in the 1970s .I kept saying to myself  it looks so terrific and I so wish to have my hair washed and set.In my teenage years I got my childhood dream and finally came through in the 1980s at the age of 13 .We had a small chain of beauty salons that were old fashioned with the sink in the front and the stylist would turn your chair around and you would lean back to wash your hair.I decided to take public transportation to one of the salons that was about 30 minutes from my house during the summer time.I was dressed as a boy but at the time didn’t know nothing about CD .I got off the bus and the salon was right there and I looked in the window and thankfully no customers.

Then I was like should I or shouldn’t I go so I made the decision to walk in.I was so nervous you have no idea then at the time this beautiful young lady in her 30s came out of the back and she was like can I help you.I was like I was wondering if I can get a wash and set her reaction was kind of weird I was like never mind.She was like hold on if you would would like one I don’t have a problem with it.I then followed her to her chair and I introduced myself and at the time I had long hair.She was like sweetheart do you know what a wash and set is and I was like OMG yes my mom gets them a lot .So the excitement I had OMG you had no idea she put the cape on me and then the chair went back and she explained to me what to do.I learned back and she washed and conditioner my hair i actually felt I was in heaven and after she washed it she explained to me she had to cut some off .She started small talk and was just wondering what brought me here so I explained to her it’s been my dream.The support I got from this lady at the time absolutely was the best.

Then after she cut my hair she went and got the roller cart and she explained to me that she would used small rollers for my hair.It took her a few minutes to cover my hair with rollers and I made her laugh this feels like a dream.Then she used a red hair net to cover the rollers and then the ear pads and she was follow me to the dryer and she sat me down and under the dryer.Then after the dryer was done she got me and followed her back to her station and she took out all the rollers.She then comb it all out and she was like if it’s ok I have to use hairspray to hold the set she was like is that okay and I was like yes definitely.She had the chair turned around the whole time so I can be surprised.Then she completed and she was like are you ready for your new look when she turned me around I was like seriously look how great I look.I thanked her and on the way home I got strange looks from many and then when I got in my house my mom had a complete fit .It’s been so long what my mom said to me but she grounded me for a month .Then of course she wanted to know were I got my hair done but I didn’t tell her at all and before school started that year I had to get a regular boys hair cut .I still to this day think of my first experience before knowing what a CD was 

7 Replies
1 Reply
Hostess
(@fishingr8)

Illustrious Member     Montana, United States of America

@iwishiwasfemale Hi Michelle nice to meet you and so happy you found and joined us girls here so get settled in relax and enjoy yourself here.. As a new sister and family member you are welcomed with open arms into our home as well as yours now also.. Girl there is a wealth of knowledge here to read thru and join in with so make yourself comfortable .. A wonderful intro and a great story so happy for you .. Look around and ask many questions of these wonderful ladies telling there stories about there journeys down the femme road they are on.. Now as for making friends here there are so many ladies from all over the world to build long lasting friendships with and best of all we all are just a simple click away from you .. Just please do us a small favor and return to your profile page and fill in more please as this is how we get to know you better.. Once again girlfriend nice to meet you and hope to see you around for a chat sometime soon..

Stephanie Bass

Baroness
(@denimwear)
Honorable Member     Other, Alberta, Canada

Welcome to CDH, Michelle. 

That sounds like an awesome experience, Michelle. Definitely worth being grounded for a month. 

Aurora Lynnette  

(@aliceunderwire)
Illustrious Member     Near Burlington, Vermont, United States of America

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to CDH. Thank-you for sharing.

Alice

Lady
(@paulahere)
Reputable Member     St Thomas, Ontario, Canada

When I was a teen in the 80s I went to the salon many times to get my hair permed. I had long straight hair and wanted curls.  For for about 2 years I got my hair curled every 12 weeks.  I remember it so well.  

I had no idea I was a CD at the time, but I loved having long curly hair.  Eventually, I just let my hair grow long.  

It wasn't until 24 that I got it cut.  Now at 53 it is long again.  I keep thinking about getting it coloured now.

Paua

(@lauren114)
Prominent Member     Connecticut, United States of America

I can't imagine how awesome that must have felt!   I love the idea of having a beauty salon experience like this.  I'm growing my hair out now and look forward to the day when I can do this.   I'll probably expand on it by getting my nails and eyebrows done at the same time!!

(@justnikki)
Reputable Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America

I always wore a longer hairstyle as a kid in the 70s and 80s, but I LOVED going to the salon and having kind young ladies fuss over my long hair. I loved being shampooed (still my favorite part) and the feel of the comb running through my damp hair. Without fail, though, when picking me up my mother would always exclaim "I thought you were getting a haircut!" since it was very nearly just as long as before I'd gone in. She always hoped I opt for a shorter style, but I never did, and she never stopped taking me to the salon anyway. I haven't thought about that in forever!

Lady
(@harriette)
Noble Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

In my highschool years, I did have longer hair. Hmmm, come to think of it, I actually had hair. 😁

I don't remember whether my brothers grew out their hair. Maybe my younger brother did. This was too long ago to remember. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?