Notifications
Clear all

What made you first want to dress?

151 Posts
122 Users
212 Reactions
(@laurynvalentine)
Trusted Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

When I was about 17 I remember looking at attractive well dressed older 30+ lol and thinking wow they look so sexy and confident. That very quickly became I wish I was sexy and confident and that clicked like a switch into I want to be those women. I would love to feel how they must be feeling. Suddenly I didn’t want to be with those women, I want to be one of those women. That was a loud bright sign that I really missed. Oh if I were more attentive to who I was then almost certainly I would have transitioned. Over the years I kept thinking it was about the clothes and that look but now after therapy and a lot of self exploration I am thinking “ Can I transition ?” Or at least let’s find out who Lauryn really is and let’s be the best girl I should have been. 

Lady
(@mseva)
Eminent Member     Portsmouth, Virginia, United States of America

Always felt a bit unusual growing up.  I first tried to make friends with a girl named Brenda and her brother. That was about age 5 or so. It was fun to visit and although I never dressed with her I sort of connected with her. To this day I think she is a beautiful woman. There was a bit of sexual persuasion about the same time with a bit older boy. I guess you would call it sexual indoctrination, or abuse if you will.  I hate that ahole. I guess it sort of triggered something in me. A bit later my mom and dad worked in a women's shoe factory and they got a bunch of cute boots (white go go boots and some platform boots) that I just had to try on. Wow it was pretty exciting. 

Later after a move to a new house I discovered several "Merry Widow" corsolettes in a trunk in our attic . I would slip away for a "bath" and try them on. It was a marvelous sensation.  I dressed off an on a bit through college.  I found a few pairs of women's panties in the college laundry room that were left on a table. Of course they found a new home with me.

I was already hooked but I remember the first real cute dress was a Gitano Mom blue maternity dress that my wife wore.  I loved how it felt.

A lot of time has passed.  I have a really nice wardrobe of clothes many of which my dear wife got for me to try on.  I don't see my situation changing much. I still enjoy the thrill of dressing although there is no sexual component, just a bunch of contentment to dress quite often weekly to express my fem side. Pretty lucky I guess.

(@coloradog1)
Trusted Member     San Diego, California, United States of America

I’ve pondered this question before. I started dressing in some shape or form when I was 4 years old. Something is so deep rooted within me to make me want to wear female clothes. I would stick both legs into one side of a pair of shorts (forget about the loose other leg behind me lol) and make it into a skirt.I would also stretch out a t shirt neck, stick both legs into it and then tie the sleeves together to fashion a more loose skirt. I’ve even cut up pillow cases and tied shoelaces to it to form a dress. The list goes on I guess you could say I was a creative kid. I remember one time when I was probably no more than 7 years old I was at a girl from schools house and I tried to come up with an excuse to wear her clothes. I believe I said something like “we should do a play and I will play a girl character”. Unfortunately she was not convinced and it never happened haha.It took me a few years from that point to work up the courage to wear my mothers clothes. I always wonder what unleashed this desire to crossdress within me at such a young age? Maybe I saw something on TV that inspired me or maybe something I saw in a dream? I remember a couple of movies that had brief crossdressing scenes that stuck with me for years to come. Another key moment I remember was as a youth my parents did take me to some sort of play or comedy show and there was a crossdresser on stage. I remember thinking “wow, not only does he get to wear beautiful dresses and skirts, but it’s his job too!” . Unfortunately I never had the showmanship for a caterer like that. Oh well. I really don’t know what causes my dressing, But it hasn’t left ever since. Maybe a therapist could sort this out haha

1 Reply
Duchess Annual
(@catgurl)

Noble Member     Marietta, Georgia, United States of America

@coloradog1 

Same here, Natalie, I go back to about three years of age when I have a cloudy memory and was told I got into my mother's makeup.  It makes one wonder why I did it?

By five years y.o., I was dressing on some days as a little girl and going out in public, and as they say, the rest is history. 

Duchess
(@theresanyc)
Trusted Member     New York, New York, United States of America

I still dress privately today as well but I remember starting wearing my sisters bra from the hamper in the bathroom when I was maybe 12 years old. I'm not sure what my mind was thinking about exactly at that age. I'm not sure if I got aroused wearing her bra and panties. I must have been.  I was a late bloomer that way back then.  I do remember eventually feeling an urge or whatever to rub myself on the toilet and it happened.  I was so naieve about that kind of stuff then I'm not sure I even knew what was going on with me!  I hope it's okay that I shared that here.

Jona
Duchess
(@jona)
Active Member     Birmingham, metro, Alabama, United States of America

I started when I was in 3-4th Grade. I was fascinated with my Mom’s heels and hosiery. I was born, raised and have lived in the intolerant, bigoted, judgmental Deep South and I had a strict religious family, so my CD-ing went under the radar for a couple of decades, never fully disappearing. In my 40’s and with the advent of the Internet, I finally realized I was far, FAR from alone. I was truly liberating for me. My wife at the time, not only disagreed, was wholly unaccepting and it was listed in her Complaint for divorce in 2000.

Five years later, I found a woman who would accept that part of me and we married. We were fortunate enough to both have outstanding jobs and were able to buy a home in a secluded neighborhood where I can dress and enjoy the outdoors as we like. I hardly ever venture out en femme as it is still is dangerous, and only acceptable in very limited areas and venues. I have no problem owning up to it in every case. There have been some visibility and improvements in the situation only the years, but I will never realize their true potential. However I do stay vocal and supportive of the community and all within it. More than anything, I would love to find some nearby CD’s that my wife and I could socialize with. 

Yours Sincerely, 

Jona 

14 Replies
Duchess Annual
(@catgurl)

@jona 

Jona,

You may be interested in attending the Atlanta Comfort Conference, which will be held in Atlanta, Georgia from August 14 to 18, 2024 at the Buckhead Crown Plaza Hotel. 

I am a native of Atlanta, Georgia.  Have lived here forever, except for my military service years in the US Navy.  I have never had any issues with being a cross dresser.  Moreover, I travel from time to time in the southeast and elsewhere and have not had any issues in recent years. 

I was in your beautiful city not too long ago.  I don't hang out in bars. I am a non drinker.  I dress and act like a lady, which is no doubt why I am treated like a lady wherever I go. 

Jona
Duchess
(@jona)

@catgurl 

I have enjoyed being in Atlanta several times and was for a long while a Member of the local Tri-Ess group there. Thank you SO VERY MUCH for reaching out and offering your response.

Jona

Duchess Annual
(@catgurl)

@jona 

My wife & I served on the admin board of the local Tri-ESS group, until it was taken over by a negative power person several years ago.

They changed the by-laws, prohibiting husbands and wives from serving on the admin board, thus effectively blocking women from ever again serving on the admin board.  

My wife & I resigned, and as I suspected, without women, a Tri-ESS group fades away.  I heard for a while they were meeting at a Taco Bell but are back at a hotel now. 

Jona
Duchess
(@jona)

@catgurl 

Peggy Sue, That’s an awful outcome for a Tri-Ess group. I’m so sorry to hear that happened to you and you’re wife!

Lady
(@joanarbour)

Estimable Member     Missoula, Montana, United States of America

@catgurl that is such bad news about Tri Ess, I visited Tri Ess more than 20 years ago for my first full weekend as Joan and found it so welcoming

Duchess Annual
(@catgurl)

@joanarbour 

Yes, back then, over 20 years ago, the Saturday morning meeting would turn out about 25 to 30 cross dressers plus their spouses and often two or three first timers. 

Fast forward to 2024, I heard they're lucky if two or three people show up and never any women. 

Lady
(@joanarbour)

@catgurl I find it hard to imagine meeting at Taco Bell as well.

Jona
Duchess
(@jona)

@joanarbour 

I agree, Girl, Taco Bell???? Pardon my French, but WTF??? I mean that’s pretty much one of the least glamorous places I could imagine with a severely limited menu. Just “NO”, Sweetheart, NO!

Lady
(@joanarbour)

@jona imagine the check list:

lingerie - yes

pretty dress - yes

heels - yes

makeup - yes

car keys - yes

Taco Bell - HELL NO

Jona
Duchess
(@jona)

@catgurl 

Peggy Sue,

It is very possible that we were both in attendance at Tri-Ess in that time period some 20-22 yrs ago. I SO ENJOYED those meetings and weekends. 

I believe I may have encountered the horse’s ass the took over. About 4-5 yrs. ago I made contact with that chapter again in hopes of returning for the weekend of my birthday with my wife. I was so put off by the relentless phone calls with no real purpose from the then President, that I decided against going.

Duchess Annual
(@catgurl)

@jona 

Yes! 

Sounds very much like you ran into the "new" leadership team. 

I attended my first meeting around 2014, so you have quite a bit of seniority on me. 

Jona
Duchess
(@jona)

@catgurl

I am actually interested in attending the Atlanta Comfort Convention! Let me read about it and see! I am free for those date. I will let you know, Girl

Duchess Annual
(@catgurl)

@jona 

It should be a great event, and my understanding is many CDH girls will be there, including several who are flying in from out-of-state. 

My attendance is not certain at this time, due to a continuing fluid situation with my wife's health. 

Lady
(@krissykitty)

Trusted Member     Ohio, United States of America

@jona You are spot on, I just move north from the deep south and would have loved to meet you and youre amazing wife. Only on here do i have my girls it's cool great story Krissy

(@Anonymous 86117)
Trusted Member

I started hen I was 12 or 13.   I loved my mom's leather coat and would put it on when she wasn't home.  Then I started going through her underwear drawer and putting on panties and bras.  I still don't understand why I started, I just know it felt right to wear women's clothing. 

Lady
(@carlafirst11)
Reputable Member     So. California , California, United States of America

For me it started late, mid 20’s as I am reading for a lot of people stared in childhood. I think it was just sort of a dream, for some reason as I would lay down to sleep at night I started to think about dressing completely in women’s clothing and going out, it went on for a long time until one day I tried on some underwear and a sexy dress, from then on it just progressed until it became a reality many , many years later to be out in public fully dressed, it is such a pleasure.

Lacy
Duchess
(@rholtman96)
Estimable Member     Lincoln city, Oregon, United States of America

My first  moment was in 5th grade, I played an elf and wore a pair of red tights, I was hooked.

Lacy

(@rebeccabaxter)
Noble Member     Cornwall, United Kingdom

Started last year for me. Odd though it might sound, but it simply seemed to be a good idea at the time and I've rather got into it now. I've not had any childhood episodes with cross dressing AFAIR, there has been nothing in my adult life to bring it on, it's just something I do now. It might go away just as quickly and the next new thing might turn up, or it may not. Vague, I know, but that's what it is. I hope it sticks around as it does make me feel very comfortable, being able to be someone else for a while, a little alter-ego who enjoys things just a little more than male me does.

(@debbiedd)
Noble Member     los angeles, California, United States of America

Yea around 13 being at home alone I tried on my sisters bra and school uniform with pantyhose. Saw myself in the mirror and realized I looked cute and was hooked the rest of my life

Lady
(@splitdecision)
Reputable Member     Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States of America

One of my earliest recollections is being fascinated with lingerie. We had a neighbor who hung out her lingerie on the clothes line.  Then at about 8 yrs old I found a black negligee in our attic. No doubt my mother’s and from the 1950’s. Eventually I took off all my clothes and put it on, it felt like electricity flowing through my body. I didn’t understand why but I knew I liked it. I’ve been cross dressing in various stages ever since.

Rose
Lady
(@roberta)
Trusted Member     Stroud, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

I was in my late teens and lived with my parents. My mother used to wash and hang her white bras to dry in the kitchen overnight. One night, when they had gone to bed, I wanted to see what it felt like to put a bra on so crept into the kitchen and tried it on. Such a strange sensation but I never lost that early desire to wear bras and eventually panties. That was 50 years ago and I adore dressing en femme, especially matching bras and panites, which feel so gorgeous to wear.

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)
Noble Member     Bedfordshire, United Kingdom

Like @rebeccabaxter I'm a late bloomer, only realising in my early 50s that I even have a feminine side, but the more I indulge her, the more rewarding it is.  So here I am, not even three years on from putting on my first bra, now living full time as Fiona for this summer ... and possibly beyond.  While I process a lot of daily stuff the same in my head no matter how I'm dressed, a lot of it feels that little bit nicer and more enjoyable en femme, when you get all these little reminders that you're pretty, e.g. seeing your hands with painted nails.  I'm particularly enjoying shopping now, quite happy to be out just browsing, looking at things and trying on any clothes.  Drab me would do a targeted shop and get out again as fast as possible!

(@michellegirl)
Estimable Member     Northern Michigan , Michigan, United States of America

I was 5 or 6, put my sister's dress on and was caught by my mother. She told me to take it off and do you want me to tell your dad? I said nothing and took it off begrudgingly.  Later around 14 I started wearing hot pants, and was hooked. I'm 64 and have been dressing for 30 yrs.

Baroness
(@annaredhead)
Honorable Member     Cornwall, United Kingdom

Apart from a few attempts when I was much longer, I am a late bloomer. I've always known it was something I needed to do.

Page 8 / 9
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?