False nail removal

28 Posts
19 Users
0 Reactions
Lady
Topic starter
(@christineth)
Prominent Member     Brussels, Brabant, Belgium

I really would like to wear false nails, but I am worried about removing them - how easily and quickly and cleanly can this be done? What is the best way of attaching them so that removal is easy? I asked a few of the girls in public chat and they gave me some great advice, but is there any professional advice on this topic?
Thank you
Christine

27 Replies
Managing Ambassador
(@LizK)
Illustrious Member     North County San Diego, California, United States of America

The lady that does my pedicures recommended Kiss Impress press-on nails for a quick temporary manicure.  She's right.  They look great and are fairly durable if applied correctly.  I've worn them for up to a week.  They go on and come off easily.  No glues or solvents needed.

Lady
Topic starter
(@christineth)

Dear Emily

that sounds just like the information that I need.  I’m going straight to a shop this morning for some Kiss Impress press on nails.  I’m so excited. Thank you.  I’ll report back how it goes.

hugs

Christine

(@Anonymous)

I second this.

Lady
Topic starter
(@christineth)

Just ordered them online….will arrive in 2 days.  I am literally shaking with anticipation…..

thank you again for the advice.

Christine

Lady
(@kat9476)
Eminent Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America

Impress nails are great, they offer them in wider fit as well if you have larger nail beds. You can also get double adhesive waterproof strips in pre-cut sizes (Ivtor) on Amazon that work well for press ons and are easy to remove when the time comes

Lady
Topic starter
(@christineth)

Dear Kathy
Thanks for the advice. Ιve just now ordered some on Amazon : )
Hugs
Christine

Lady
(@liara)
Noble Member     Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America

I am not a professional but press on nails work pretty good. As a matter of fact I am wearing some right now.  Just get some good quality nails (Kiss Impress are really good).

Hugs, Liara

J J
Lady
(@jjandme)
Noble Member     California, United States of America

Brilliant advise, thanks. I have wondered about false nail options and never went that way because I thought it was too much of an undertaking. The press on nails sound perfect and I will be trying some at the first opportunity.

J J
Lady
(@jjandme)

Thanks for the wonderful advice. I bought my first set of impress mails and they wokred great. So easy and I.lobe the length they give instantly. I jave a pocture up wearing them.wih a brown smaleskim.pattern dress.

Lady
(@katiexd81)
New Member     New York, United States of America

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this and I normally can only dress for an hour or two, so it helps to quickly remove. I wouldn't recommend if you are going to be out and about or for long time wear.

I used Double Sided Adhesive Tabs Nail Glue Sticker along with Acrylic Nails. They just stick to the back of the nail, and then on your own nail. You can soak them in warm water for removal or just rip them right off. This at least gives you a bit more options on nails from Amazon.

- Katie

(@kandacekussen)
Trusted Member     Florida, United States of America

I second that, I use impress nails when I can and they are exceptional easy too apply look fabulous and relatively simple to remove

Duchess
(@jennconn)
Honorable Member     Florida, United States of America

I’ve used impress too.  I have a picture up of the medium length ones.  I had used the shorter ones, and liked them.  They are all very easy to get off.  Just pry them up. I had wanted to keep the medium length ones on for overnight, but I found that I’m not used to the length, and was having too much trouble with things like taking out contacts.  But I did love the look though.  I think I’d like to try some of the even longer ones, but I believe you have to glue them on, so am looking forward to seeing how to get those off.

Duchess
(@jennconn)
Honorable Member     Florida, United States of America

Anyone have advice on removing the glue on nails?  I thought that I might want to try some, but don’t want them stuck forever.  That would be a problem.  I’ve heard that you can soak them in acetone, but that seems pretty radical, and bad for hands too.

J J
Lady
(@jjandme)

It depends on the type of nail and adhesive used. As noted below, some just pop off easily, but others are adhered with a pretty tenacious adhesive so that you do have to soak in acetone. While not great, acetone is not that bad, and is used in many polish removers. 15 minute soaks are common to remove acrylic nails. Sometimes we have to pay the price of beauty, or our vanity, but there are cheaper ways to purchase it.

Page 1 / 2
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?