Starting out

32 Posts
16 Users
94 Thanks
Lady
Topic starter
(@emilyashe)
Eminent Member     Missouri, United States of America

I want to start off by saying I will probably never leave my house en femme as I see it now at this point in my life πŸ˜”.Β  I am new to buying my own clothes and accessories. I have only really figured out shoe sizing so far. I was wanting to get a cheap breastplate off Amazon again only to wear inside the house when the family is gone. I've read that they get hot and many of you girls like forms better. I am still to hairy with no plans of shaving right now. Would a breastplate even work for someone with chest hair? With that being said my thought is to get the breastplate first and then take measurements and buy clothes? I don't have a look in mind I'm going for. I'm just starting out and still need to keep on the down low.

31 Replies
18 Replies
Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

Famed Member     Norfolk, United Kingdom

@emilyashe Hey Emily

Breast plates.

Just don't.

I bought one earlier in the year when the pink fog descended and hated it. It ended up going in the bin after a few uses (and also after it had ripped around the neck). If you want a summary of the pros and cons, here you are:

Pros: Can look good in photos or on video; realistic cleavage (as long as you can match your skin tone): no adhesive or bra necessary; very large cup sizes possible (if that’s your thing).

Cons: don’t look realistic in person; the heavy weight can cause back strain with prolonged use; the seams at the neck and shoulders are difficult to hide, and don’t work with all styles of clothing; difficult to put on and take off; limited availability of different skin tones; hot and sweaty; fragile and prone to tearing; very expensive compared to other techniques for achieving a cleavage.

There would be no problem with wearing one with a hairy chest, but why not just do what Melodee and I doΒ  - wear a pocket bra and vary the sizes of your forms to match your build, height and what you like to wear.

I have both C cup and D cup silicon forms, but usually go for the former. I might even invest in a B cup pair πŸ™‚

You can get foam inserts in different cup sizes, but if you want a more natural feel (and bounce) then go for silicon. Two, or even three pairs of silicon breasts will still cost less than a single breastplate.

Hugs

Ellie x

Also, never say never!

Baroness
(@chrisfp99)

Honorable Member     London , Kent, United Kingdom

@ellyd22 Hey Ellie, for various reasons I'm interested in the foam inserts you mentioned, but I haven't been able to find much online. Do you have any info that might help me? Thanks hun xx.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

Famed Member     Norfolk, United Kingdom

@chrisfp99 Hi Chrissie

They often have 'sponge foam' rather than just 'foam' in the description.

'Sponge foam bra inserts mastectomy' brings up lots of hits on Amazon. They're designed for post-mastectomy patients who need to wear something light and comfortable.

Hugs

Ellie x

Lady
(@angelone)

Active Member     Berkeley, California, United States of America
Baroness
(@chrisfp99)

Thanks Katerina, very helpful. Wasn't Katerina Witt a German figure skater? xx.

Lady
(@harriette)

Noble Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

@emilyashe If you are new to crossdressing, then it is a bit premature saying that you won't go out en femme. Especially with colder weather in the northern hemisphere, you should have more opportunities to experiment while being covered up more.

Try it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Lady
(@jillannquinn)

Honorable Member     Reno, Nevada, United States of America

@emilyasheΒ 

Hi Emily,

I’ve never tried a plate, but they do seem very expensive, hot, and uncomfortable. I do have a cheap pair of forms (C cup) that came with a pocket bra and I love them. The bra doesn’t fit, it’s too small, but I wear regular bras and they stay right in place. With all that said, I’d recommend trying a cheap pair of forms first then see if you want to upgrade from there.Β 

As for a style, look around at what women are wearing and assess what you like or don’t like. You can even view pictures of many of the ladies here to get ideas.

And as for never going out, never say never. I felt that way too, positive I’d never go out. But the more I walked around in my house, hiding from the world, the more it irritated me. The frustration reached the point that I felt like I needed to go out in public more than I needed to stay hidden. So, one day I looked around and saw no one, so I walked out to my car and back, a round trip of only about 35 feet or 12 meters roughly. I can’t tell you how incredibly happy and thrilled I was! It felt like there was a barrier holding me from walking outside and I had to fight through that barrier. But oddly, when I started to go back inside, that same barrier was still there but this time it was keeping me out. I really didn’t want to go inside. Because I have both family and friends that wouldn’t condone my cross dressing, I haven’t gone out in public (driven somewhere and gotten out and conducted my business) more than twice, but it was very much worth it!

Hugs, Jill

(@tubbydullard)

Reputable Member     Citrus hills, Florida, United States of America

@jillannquinnΒ 

I  promise you it FEELS worth breaching the barrier and just going out: to the fast food place to the drive up window in your prettiest short skirt; to going inside and stand in line in your dress and wig, makeup and ordering; in using the ladies room for the firs t time. AND EXPAND from there to Walmart, or shopping mall or favorite sitdown Cafe. Then to the doctor's appointment. I have recent all done these things and can't ever go  back to just walking around my house in femme. You go for it girl.  Be kind and loving ❀️  to jillann.

Xox

Stephanie..

Lady
(@jillannquinn)

@tubbydullardΒ 

Stephanie,

The two times I went out in public were indescribably amazing! The first trip was to get gas at a fairly busy gas station, and from there I went to Starbucks and went inside (no drive thru at that location) and ordered a tea and snack. I sat down and enjoyed my tea and part of my croissant. The other half I wrapped up and placed in my purse! But that was all the time I really had so I hurried home to change. But as I said before, it was so hard to walk back into my house, like something was trying to keep me from going in and ceasing to be Jill. My second outing a couple of months later was to a thrift store. I walked around there for about an hour looking for a belt to match my shoes but I had no luck. After that I went to an adult boutique (The Chocolate Walrus) but they didn’t have one either. Oh well, that just gives me a reason to dress up again and go shopping as Jill very soon. I hope at least. Take care!

Hugs, Jill

(@tubbydullard)

@jillannquinnΒ 

So happy rorschach your successful outings dear. Let jillann fantasizeΒ  the next one, and what she will wear to feel so pretty and sexy.

Β Let me know!

Steph

Lady
(@jillannquinn)

@tubbydullardΒ 

I just ordered two pairs of pants and four blouses. I can’t wait to get them and try them on! Hopefully, everything fits and I can get dressed up and go out and enjoy myself.

(@tubbydullard)

@jillannquinnΒ 

You go girl ! Smile Thumbs Up Β 

Hostess
(@fishingr8)

Illustrious Member     Montana, United States of America

@emilyashe Hi Emily nice to meet you as these other wonderful ladies have said there is a choice you have to makeΒ  and my two cents worth is i have never had a breast plate also.. I have forms and they have served me well with wife making comments about how real they look in my dresses or blouses and skirts or legging of coarse with heels .. So just play until you get your look then you can expand your wardrobe hugs girl..

Stephanie Bass

(@tubbydullard)

@fishingr8.Β 

I have been considering breast forms. Till now just stuffing my bralettes with small forms, but not bought breaststroke, themselves. Your opinion about cost vs. Value?

Steph

Lady
(@angelone)

Active Member     Berkeley, California, United States of America

@tubbydullard Silicone breast forms are a great value.Β  Properly cared for, quality forms last many years, and you will use them more often than any dress, bra or panty.

If the price is a bit steep, try foam forms first.Β  I purchased foam forms with my first bra and they work fine for giving a natural shape in a bra.

Good luck!

Β 

(@tubbydullard)

@angelone thank you honey Closed Eye Kiss Β 

Β 

(@lauren114)

Prominent Member     Connecticut, United States of America

@emilyashe Never say never about going out.Β  Β For me it is an absolutely exhilarating experience to be out in the world as my authentic self.Β  I never thought I would go out but that turned around.Β  It took time for sure for me to develop the confidence in my appearance to do it and now I have been out in stores, malls and restaurants.Β  I've even been out in hotels in Las Vegas!Β Β 

As far as a look goes, copy the style of women you see that you like!Β  I get a lot of satisfaction when I put together a nice outfit including a dress, shoes and accessories that matches something I have seen.

Baroness
(@chrisfp99)

@emilyashe Hey Emily! My opportunities to dress are so infrequent that when they arise I buy new outfits and then purge 😒. This is just the way I've chosen. So I just stuff my bra with panties or whatever. I had an amazing professional makeover last June when I experienced both forms and a breastplate. The plate was super fun (see my private photos) and of course the MUA was skilled at blending it in with a necklace and by choosing the right tone. But I've read a lot of negatives both here and elsewhere. With regard to going out dressed I'm in your camp. It's not going to happen. Don't feel any pressure. As you evolve over time you may find that changes but just enjoy the journey.

Hugs, Chrissie xx.Β 

Lady
(@micki)
Trusted Member     Long Beach, California, United States of America

Hi Emily,

I think you will find the information on my website helpful especially the BEGINNER CROSSDRESSER and CROSSDRESSING 101.

https://<removed contact author directly>

Β 

Best,

Β 

Micki Finn

1 Reply
Lady
(@emilyashe)

@micki I will check it out thanks

Ambassador
(@melodeescarlet)
Prominent Member     Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America

Hi Emily! I would tell you that I, too, felt that way. I had zero intention of doing hair, or makeup, or going out...until one day I did and that was that. So I would suggest just focusing on however you feel now, which you are, and let future Emily deal with whatever comes next. πŸ˜‰

As to the breastplate, I've not ever used one. I have pocket bras and varying form sizes that I use depending on the outfit. I find that works well for me.

As for clothing, just get a fabric measuring tape (or some string that you've marked out inches on from a yardstick) and get your hips, waist, and bust - this last bit will, of course be dependent on your boob choice, but I can tell you in my own case adds about 2"-3" from my regular men's chest measurement.

When looking at clothes, most will have some table showing the above measurements and once you get a few and see how they fit, you'll have a good idea going fwd.Β 

Have fun!

2 Replies
Lady
(@emilyashe)

@melodeescarlet thanks for the help it is probably going to be a long slow road but I hope to set future Emily up with the ability to crush any hard decisions lol

(@tubbydullard)

@emilyasheΒ 

Long slow road is better than no road. Enjoy,Β  have fun

Hugs stephanie

Baroness
(@denimwear)
Honorable Member     Other, Alberta, Canada

Hi Emily,Β 

I can't give you any advice regarding the breastplate as I have never tried one myself.Β 

As for not having a particular look in mind, you will most likely find that your look will develop over time.Β 

In my experience, the urge to go out of the house enfemme became too strong to ignore.Β 

Aurora LynnetteΒ 

2 Replies
Lady
(@emilyashe)

@denimwear congrats on being able to go out I'm so jealous. But a long way from even thing about doing that myself

(@tubbydullard)

@denimwearΒ 

I agree. The urge to go out I'm femme was too strong. Did and never looked back

Haven't gone out I'm male clothes in 6 months now! Loving being Stephanie full time

Β 

Duchess
(@lucyb112)
Prominent Member     Staffordshire, United Kingdom

Hi Emily,

I have no experience of a breast plate, but can confirm what has been said about forms. The silicon ones are great. I don’t even use a pocket bra. I wear full cup bras and they seem to hold them in place perfectly well.

As for venturing out. Don’t be surprised if the urge to do that creeps up on you one day. That’s certainly what happened to me last year.

It just suddenly became something I really wanted to do, or indeed had to do.

LucyΒ 

Lady
(@dallen)
Estimable Member     Texas, United States of America

Emily,

I have both forms and a breast plate and I have to agree with most of the ladies here. Breast plates can be difficult to get on and off, they are prone to tearing when you are pulling them into place. I am lucky that my wife supports my dressing and will help me with the breast plate if I need her to. I wear my breast forms daily. They have an adhesive on them but it has stated to wear off over time. I also have a few pocket bras that I can put the forms in that works quite well. Most of the time I just wear a standard bra and place the forms in it I have also never ventured out of the house fully dressed, I have gone out in my forms and various women's clothing (jeans, leggings) If you don't have any plans of shaving I would recommend a non adhesive form with a pocket bra or non adhesive forms with just a standard bra. I understand the just starting out as I have been crossdressing fully for about a year. You are in a good place for support, questions and friendly advice. I wish you the best of luck.

1 Reply
Lady
(@emilyashe)

@dallen thank you for for the advice I really need to look into pocket bras I had never even heard of them before joining this site. Thanks again

Baroness
(@bluestbelladonna)
Estimable Member     Singapore, Singapore

Dear Emily,

I personally feel it would be ideal to buy breast forms before you invest in a breast plate. I personally only wear a breast plate, though i have gone through almost a dozen breast forms before my investment. Breast plates are the most realistic to having actual breast both the natural feel/weight and the back pain. Cis-women rarely openly discuss this: being well endowed leads to back pain from having to straighten and lift them up.

Do choose your forms based on your body proportions, followed by your lingerie and your garments. Your tops and dresses are not heavily affected by the size of your girls, but instead your shoulder and hips. The waist can always be brought to form by wearing a belt.

Its a journey, enjoy the process of discovery.

With all my support and encouragement,
The Bluest Belladonna

Lady
(@lisacdmass)
Active Member     Massachusetts, United States of America

So I'm going to disagree on the breastplate. I put powder on the inside which makes putting it on and off very easy. I do need to wear a chocker to cover the seam but that's really it. The powder also keeps me from sweating. I started off with a D cup and now have a C cup long line style. It helps keep me in insteasd of wearing a waist nipper, and covers all the hair. Plus I can show some cleavage if I want. Granted it looks a little fake during the day but at night it works fine.Β 

Β©2024 Crossdresser Heaven |Β PrivacyΒ |Β Terms of UseΒ | Link to us |Β Contact VanessaΒ |Β Advertise with Crossdresser Heaven

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates fromΒ Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?