Congratulations go to Jeremy Paul McIntosh for running his car into a lingerie store and managing to do $3000 worth of damage and embarrass the transgender community. Yes, this recent revenge driven incident has caused some to comment “So, what were they saying about transvestitism and transsexualism not being mental illnesses?‘
And it’s with every rights that they do so. Being denied a job does not give you the right to endanger lives and destroy property.
Naturally all the hard working, upstanding cross dressers and transgender folks don’t make the news – as normal never does. Yet for a few weeks the blogosphere and newslines will be abuzz with the latest story of the crazy cross dresser. Just as they were a few months back about the crazy Australian transsexual.
I’m disappointed. Gender issues are difficult enough to explain to those who are not transgendered. Transgender is still classified by the DSM (the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders) as a mental disorder, and by acting in such a manner people like Jeremy only affirm society’s view of us – that we’re crazy. Whether we like it or not, we are at a period in history where being accepted as transgender still requires that we show ourselves to be beyond reproach. Or at the very least, regular hard working people who contribute to their community.
More Articles by The Author
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019
- You Are Enough
- We Can Make It Into Something Wonderful
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness - March 22, 2020
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019 - January 28, 2019
- You Are Enough - March 5, 2017
- We Can Make It Into Something Wonderful - February 26, 2017