Finding Your Crossdressing Walk
Researchers recently attached lights to people walking to study the characteristics of a feminine walk, and a masculine walk. Here you can find a short video showing the crossdressing walk. You’ll notice that the more feminine walk shows the hips rotating in a swinging fashion while the shoulders rotate in response. I’ve seen a few transvestites who try to swing their hips while keeping their shoulders straight. This looks, and feels awkward.
Another hallmark of the feminine walk is keeping your legs close together, while your feet seem to be treading an invisible line. This is difficult to do if you’re wearing heels, and can look a bit overdone if you cross your feet in front of you. In the video you’ll see that the feminine walk is a bit exaggerated, but it’s instructive when you look at the more masculine walks.
A lack of swinging in the hips and more balanced legs are more masculine. If you’re knees are pointed outward with your center of gravity on your chest area you’ll quickly be read as a man.
I found this video to contain some valuable advice for the transgendered looking to improve their feminine walk. Remember – keep your center of gravity over your hips, stand up straight and keep your legs closer together!
For more great crossdressing advice check out the ultimate crossdressing guide.
More Articles by Vanessa Law
- Win a Free Makeup Prize Bundle from Jecca Blac
- A Few Changes in Our Family
- I Want to Live Like That
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- Win a Free Makeup Prize Bundle from Jecca Blac - March 11, 2022
- A Few Changes in Our Family - April 15, 2021
- I Want to Live Like That - August 29, 2020
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness - March 22, 2020
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019