This has been a good week for the transgendered in politics. Diego Sanchez was the first transgender man named to a committee at the Democratic National Congress. He was appointed by Howard Dean, and will help promote anti-discrimination laws to protect gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people. You can find some more information about his appointment here and more information from the Boston Herald here. I think it’s a wonderful thing for the Democratic Party to recognize the valuable contributions of all it’s members.
I also think it’s particularly important those in the transgender community to rally around our brothers. Often times you hear about male to female transsexuals, and less so do you hear about the struggles that our brothers need to go through to bring their lives into balance with who they are. Congratulations to Diego! I’m looking forward to a fantastic election year, where civil liberties are advanced, and the human dignity of all is recognized.
More Articles by Vanessa Law
- Win a Free Makeup Prize Bundle from Jecca Blac
- A Few Changes in Our Family
- I Want to Live Like That
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- Win a Free Makeup Prize Bundle from Jecca Blac - March 11, 2022
- A Few Changes in Our Family - April 15, 2021
- I Want to Live Like That - August 29, 2020
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness - March 22, 2020
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019