I greet everyone at hotels as Laura, I book in as Laura, so why not?

The staff are always lovely – I made a friend of one of them at the Premier Inn I stay at most.

She spotted me walking around on Wednesday and cheerily called me across the street, and we had a lovely chat as we happened to be going the same way.

It was fantastic to be called by my femme name, told how lovely I look (and I felt at liberty to truthfully tell her that she looked lovely too!). Proper girl time.

I recall the excitement of almost being caught, but this level of interaction beats that rush hands down for me.

It’s like yes, Laura is officially here, and she is a part of this community that people are happy to see.

If I can bring a smile to someone’s face as my femme self, that means the world to me.

I know people know, and that’s absolutely fine – that’s perfect, in fact. They know and accept happily.

I know that the next level is to give Laura a platform, to make people aware that we aren’t awful people, but lovely people who deserve better treatment and understanding. Most of us have had our bad experiences, trying to find our own ways through the maze that life throws at “non-conformists”.

We shouldn’t have to hide – unless we prefer it that way, of course. It’s very impolite to out a sister who doesn’t want to be outed. We all have our challenges.

It’s probably not going to be easy to get a platform, but that’s where I am heading. Tiny bars, lip synching, doing drag, but not being a queen… lacking basic talents, hoping the novelty will sell itself…

I am writing this down to help push myself to do this, as it’s scary – any excuse, like I’m not young, I can’t dance, I can’t sew…

It’s the thrill factor!

First, the thrill of not being caught. Then the thrill of being accepted, once being caught stops being scary. Then the thrill of connecting with real people, being one of the community, then the thrill of connecting to a wider audience and sharing something real… where does it end?

Is it all just for the thrills?

(Just throwing that one out there – it’s an interesting question).

Love Laura

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?