I’m not sure that empowered is the right word, for me anyway.  But it also could be, too.  From the very first time my sister dressed me as her little sis, I have always felt ‘right’ with how I looked in the mirror the very first time I saw myself.  It was a little confusing for me, because the young girl I saw was how I knew I supposed to look.  That was forgotten pretty quickly as I joined the other girls to play with Barbie.

I still feel this way today, 56 years down the road, and I don’t let anyone’s opinion prevent me from being who or how I am.  I do carry myself definitely prouder and more ‘upright’  than ‘ ole grumpy’ does, and I do tend to avoid bad situations if I can.  But, sadly, there are a few people that will not let me sidestep and continue on.  Those types usually find out the not so subtle way that they are entering a bad place to be.  I made up my mind many years ago that no person was ever going take my way of seeing and being myself away, after a couple of incidents, I will always carry my head up and look ahead and not cow-tow and keep looking down.

I feel more confident as Paula, by light years, and know that no one can stop me from enjoying my life as I see and live it.  I live my life as I see fit to do so, within the limits of normal society, but I call the shots for myself.  The experts and self righteous folks can be darned, I did not come with a set of instructions that have to be followed like one of the sheep.

PaulaF

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?