Thank you ladies for all of your recommendations. Many of you suggested going to a wig salon to be fitted and to try on styles and colors and I wholeheartedly agree with that advice. Unfortunately, in this age of CV19, I did not see myself doing that for quite a while. I look forward to doing that one day, but in the meantime I made a wig purchase and want to share my thoughts with you.

I settled on the Kenzie by Noriko in Mochaccino Rooted. I love this color! It’s dark rooted, light golden brown with gold blonde highlights. It looks like a nice, realistic salon highlight job. It’s a synthetic with a monofilament top. It retails for around $375 and I got it 50% off. I did a lot of online research. There are a ton of good video reviews on YouTube for many of the popular wig makers and styles. They are really helpful to get an idea of what it will actually look like out of the box, instead of styled perfectly and professionally photographed on a model. I highly recommend Cysterwigs. Heather photographs herself in most of the wigs she sells and has a lot of useful video reviews on color, styles, fits and makeup too. She’s a gem!

Now the disappointments. It’s a little tight. I measured my head circumference as 22.5”, which is the top end of average. Norikos are known to run a little small. Out of the box, it was super tight. I’ve been wearing it for a couple of hours at a time and over the last week it’s become much more comfortable. It’s still snug, but much better. Some tightness is nice, because it feels very secure on my head. Especially when I’m tossing my hair around. It has a big bump of permatease on the crown, which makes it a little taller than I want, but overall I’m very pleased. I would definitely feel comfortable wearing this in public in the daytime.

I bought her at Wigsalon.com. They have wigs on 50% sale all the time. The styles and colors change a lot, so you have to keep checking in for what you want. Initially, the Kenzie I bought was only available in one color (Almond Rocka R). It turned out that the color was discontinued and out of stock, so they offered to swap it for any color available. In the end, I think I got a color I like even more than the original. I worked with Diane and she was very helpful and responsive. She took photos of a few different colors, side by side and texted them to me. It helped a lot in making a decision. Those swatches online are useless. Anyway, hope this will be helpful for anyone on the hunt for a wig upgrade.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?