stephanie plumb
Participant
Registered On: November 17, 2018
Topics: 88
Replies: 771

Hi Sam

I am so sorry to here about your predicament.  I’ve been there too.  It sucks.  I was in IT for decades and got made redundant from my Operations Manager job at 50. As a manager for 10 years I hadn’t been able to keep my skills up to date ( I had previously done programming, systems analysis, and tech support), so IT turned its back on me. A closed door. That and my age. Over 40 ? IT?  No way.

Tried for a year to get a managers job- any manager – but they all wanted relevant skills.  No dice. Did a bit of casual work for a builder.  Drew unemployment benefit.

So I got a job as a postman.  No skills required except the ability to read and be fit enough. Haa! Just as well – in the jobs market I hadn’t got relevant skills!   And it was okay.  An early start, my own boss once out on delivery, no pressure.   Back then it was “job and finish” – so run round and home by early afternoon. Great with the childcare and shopping. Night shift at Xmas sorting packets was a real hoot.

So, Sam …..  mailman(woman) any chance there?  In UK it wasn’t so bad a job. Hours were okay ,pay was reasonable, overtime always possible.

Or Amazon?  Delivery driver?  Warehousewoman?  In the UK home deliveries are taking off big time.  Amazon is hiring thousands,  all the big supermarkets are too.   And restaurant deliveries too.  As this pandemic goes on home delivery is the way for retail business to go.  Just a thought.  Might be possibilities for you in this sector.

Anyway, good luck with whatever path you decide to follow. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Hugs

Stephanie p

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.