Emily Alt
Managing Ambassador

Hi Bianca,

Sure, you can have a Facebook account for Bianca. The question you need to ask is SHOULD you have a FB account for Bianca. Anyone that reads the news knows Facebook is one of the worse social media platforms for personal privacy. I consider it spyware. If you’re selective about who learns of Bianca, be very careful. When logged into your account, Facebook will persistently try to access other accounts and apps that are running on your device. If you let it have access, your contacts that are on Facebook will start seeing Bianca in their friend recommendations. FB can track your browsing history. It will try to hook into media files you have stored on your device.  It uses the metadata in your music, photos, videos etc to profile and track you. It’s easy to correlate all this data and get outed if you’re careless.  Plus it’s just creepy.

I have a Facebook account for Emily. I use it mostly to keep up with some local Trans/CD groups that only publish info on FB. I don’t use Facebook apps on any of my computers or mobile devices. I don’t ever use my Facebook account to login to any other site or service. When I login to FB, I use a web browser. When I’m finished, I logoff and delete the account from my browser. Then I delete my cookies.

At some point I’ll delete both my Facebook accounts. The hassles I go thru to maintain my privacy far outweigh the small benefit I get from the platform. YMMV.

Emily

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?