Abby M
Lady

I follow a bunch of cosplayers on fb, twitter, and youtube, but I have never cosplayed. I feel like I am too overweight and would only cosplay to relative height or build. I am around 6’4″-5″ tall, so I feel that if I did crossplay I would have to be a tall amazonian figure. I really like Gina Carano as Angel Dust in Deadpool or Cara Dune in the Mandalorian. I feel like I would definitely want to do something with her characters in mind, because she is a strong female character.

From anime, I think one of the first transexual characters I came across was Kamatari Honjo from Nobuhiro Watsuki’s Rurouni Kenshin. She is originally identified as a a woman and reveals that she is genetically a man. She is a member of the juppongatana, or 10 swords, and serves Shishio Makoto. Makoto is the successor to the protagantist Kenshin’s assassin persona known as the battosai. However, he was betrayed by the meiji government and burned alive. Seeking revenge, the juppongatana try to overthrow the Japanese government. Kamatari loves Shishio, but a former prostitute Yumi fulfills the role of lover and confident to Shishio. So Kamatari proves her love by being a fearsome warrior, wielding a humongous scythe with a counterbalanced chain on it. This character to me was so original and new to me when I first saw them in the anime and then when I read the manga that I was able to see them as a person. I feel being a kid, you are conditioned to think certain ways by society or you mock what you don’t understand. I feel like reading that character, I just saw a human, which is what you should do period. I was able to overcome my own ‘eww’ factor and see the similarities between fact and fiction. I feel that if I ever cosplayed, definitely would want to pay homage to this amazing character.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?