I do agree with this sentiment to an extent. I think WAY too often we think that the goal is to be out. That we need our community to know and accept it and while I do agree that would ultimately be the goal and keeping things like a huge side of yourself from someone you love is often a misstep, these is always more things to consider.

1) How much do you want them to know? Would it be nice if my next door neighbor knew and accepted? Yes, but I don’t really care if he does so I’m not going to come out and tell him.

2) How much would it hurt you if they knew and didn’t accept? If my boss knew of it and decided to fire me over his prejudice that would hurt and my gain would be minimal, so as a result I am not coming out to him.

As always it is a matter of pros and cons. You should have someone in your life you share this with and you’re not stuck in the closet, but you also shouldn’t try and fly too close to the sun. Weigh the damage with the reward.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?