DeeAnn Hopings
Participant
Registered On: November 10, 2019
Topics: 11
Replies: 698

Judging by what people have posted, it really suggests to me that there is more than one road to town. The DES drug was mentioned in another thread as a cause due to an overload of estrogen. However, we have to remember that the drug was only in use for about 31 years. If you were born outside of that window, something else was at play. Anyway, since there is precious little information how transgenderism and crossdressing come about, we shouldn’t get stuck on just one possibility.

That said, no one has answered my question:

If you knew what happened to influence your gender identity, what would it change?

For me, I think I have at least part of the answer. I’ve had arthritis since I was 6 and this is not an illness that children typically get. It is still fairly unusual. Many years ago I learned that one of the reasons for onset is stress. So, what stress could a 6 year old have?

The only thing that came up was that it might have had something to do with my parents separating. They got divorced when I was about a year old. I always had a pretty good relationship with both of them and they did their best to take care of me, but for many years I asked if they were ever going to get back together. I think my asking that reflected what I really wanted, but it just wasn’t going to happen.

So, I think I understand what caused the onset of my arthritis, but there is nothing to be done with that information. I can’t go back in time and undo it. My mother passed away in ‘88 so I can’t get angry with her. Should I call up my dad and curse him out? Of course not. What I have is a piece of information that does have significance, but there is nothing actionable about it.

I prefer to spend my time towards things that I can do; things that I can influence. But, try as I might, I cannot change the past…

1 user thanked author for this post.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.