It goes beyond the clothes for me, for sure, but the reasons for wanting to wear specific items of clothing are so varied that it’s not possible to generalise.

Why would a woman choose an impractical light, low cut dress and wear it on a windy day if they didn’t want to reveal parts of themselves that would be hidden in a sensible jumper and jeans combination?

If men’s clothes are so comfortable and practical, why doesn’t everyone wear them all the time?

Personally, I find dresses and skirts to be far more practical and comfortable than trousers!

Dressing is about the look that you want to have, for most – but then again, not everyone is image conscious all the time.

And then again, people who regularly say that they don’t care what they look like are lying, unless they’re naked.

Because, whether they grabbed the first pair of jeans and first t-shirt that came to hand, or spent an hour deliberating, they chose to look that way.

Women don’t have vast numbers of options ruled out of their wardrobes – they have total clothing freedom, so FtM cross dressing is a rare and generally unremarkable thing.

Male cross dressing hits the headlines – Harry Stiles wears a dress – sensational!

For me (and it’s all personal taste), the appearance of a man in a dress is ugly and requires a feminine hairstyle, feminine makeup, shoes and all the trimmings to complete a look. A dress, to me, is intrinsically feminine.

And yes, I then feel more feminine (Not female), but it’s like freeing up parts of me that are suppressed because of the image I feel I have to maintain as a man.

Can’t discuss clothes with women, especially underwear.

Well guess what?

When presenting the image, many women are delighted to discuss all manner of intimately feminine things with no qualms or glances to see how you react. I had a lovely conversation with a lady who wanted to buy a new wig, and another with a lady who had had a mastectomy, and wanted to look at my forms.

Guess how many conversations like that I’ve had with women in guy mode?

So dressing doesn’t just provide some mystical feminine feeling inside, it projects feminity.

I don’t dress to blend in, as I’m 6’4″. No point hiding when it’s not possible!

Neither do I dress outrageously – but I do wear the clothes that I have seen ordinary women wearing which have caused me to gasp with delight at the image they present.

And enjoy the compliments when I get them. It’s nice to have conversations started with compliments on one’s appearance – and even nicer not to feel restrained in responding!

Love Laura

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?