Jill Marshall
Duchess

I know I’ve said ‘it’s just clothes’ to myself many times, but I don’t think of it as a line of reasoning as much as I do a defense mechanism, or a starting point in the process of acceptance.  Saying it sets aside unresolved questions for or about myself that I haven’t fully unraveled, so I can be free to go find answers in the experience itself.  It is a rebuttal in advance of negative judgement I anticipate, that dressing is an expression of some flaw of sexuality or morality or personality.  It is a reassurance to others, since there is no common vocabulary or shared understanding between myself and a non-CD of how deeply I believe in what I feel and see.  My ‘theory’ would be that the better you know and accept yourself, and the better others know and accept you, the less you say it.  I said it to my wife once, during the distress of revelation, but to her I would never have to say it again.  If I came out to others, starting from scratch?  Knowing what I know now, I’d try not to go there, but it might not be up to me.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?