I really don’t want to start a whole thing with you Trisha, but after reading this post and then getting on with my day, it sort of stuck with me. First a little background on me; I am Canadian, a Quebecer, and was born in South America. Of my five favorite people here at CDH, three are from Great Britain. My dear departed Mother was a huge Anglophile, I grew up with a picture of Queen Elizabeth in our living room, I accompanied my mother to our local highland games in the summer, and I was offended by your remark.

A pet peeve of mine, and I’m certain many others, is when people say no offense but… because they always then proceed to be offensive. The phrase “Bastardisation of the English language” has been said by so many people so many times and the meaning has always been clearly understood. When I read that the first thing I thought of another old hat arrogant expression uttered by many Americans over the years ‘If it weren’t for us you’d all be speaking German’, if I were British I’d be offended by that. Stretching out this point a bit we should also toss in the French and Spanish as well. I live in Quebec and we are all keenly aware of what many people in France think of us. I was married in Spain and am well acquainted with their view of how their language is spoken in other countries, so this whole bastardisation angle is certainly not unique to the English language.

Technically you are correct in calling it bastardisation, but that doesn’t make it a very nice thing to say Trisha. At the risk of speaking for anybody else, I can promise you I was not the only one offended, it’s just that most people here at CDH are too nice and non-confrontational to say anything.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?