Jessica Wilde
Lady
Registered On: October 5, 2020
Topics: 32
Replies: 127

I would suggest doing as many of the things you enjoy together as possible: treat her as a friend more than a lover for now.

She’s obviously very confused by it all still – I think that my wife is only properly getting her head around it 2 years down the line – and it’s not like I haven’t dropped hints over the past 20 years or so – on our 2nd Valentine’s day, I presented her with a maid’s outfit.

That didn’t go down as well as the champagne, chocolates and strawberries, so I put it on and started to tidy her student apartment. We had a lot of fun!

And still, despite this and other cross dressing episodes, the penny obviously hadn’t dropped, hence the talk.

We’ve had several discussions, many of which didn’t go well – I got to a point after my first couple of Brighton outings where I realised that I really could be myself and nobody else has any right to tell me who I am or how I can present myself, so I put my foot down in a manly way (driven by the strong female inside), and told her outright that her attitude is bigoted.

Because that’s the truth.

It was a massive risk, but I felt that a good future depends on big risks every now and then. It was my feeling and I acted on it – I wasn’t looking for a reply, and she didn’t have one, unusually for a lawyer.

Our relationship has been improving since I dropped that bombshell – I can’t recommend it for everyone – but the point is that you do need the patience and provide the support and friendship your SO needs – but you have the right to your own space and needs too.

For me, cross dressing is a need. I won’t expand on this occasion, but I recognise it as one, therefore I will defend and protect that space.

But I also defend and protect my wife’s space, and try to be a good father to our children and a good companion to her, whatever that means.

Being locked in together seems to have brought back some of the original spark in our relationship at last – it’s only taken 18 months, but it’s going well, so it does and can work.

I’ve said other defensive stuff too – but at long intervals. One carefully chosen phrase that acts like a hand grenade. But a grenade packed with truth, and the intent of driving understanding – analysed for side-effects of division, which is not the intent.

Yes, the word “Bigot” is harsh and laced with all kinds of misunderstanding – but, to an English graduate like my wife, it was a perfect hit.

That’s why it worked for me, but may not for others. I knew she will have thought about it, and why I chose that word.

“”A person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.”

It takes time and patience, but you won her over once, enough to decide upon getting married.

You can do it again – you’re the same person!

The best of luck to you in 2021 and beyond!

Love Laura

Laura your words always strike a chord with me. Thank you so much! I must put my foot down so that I can pick myself up and move forward.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.