You might just as well ask why we like to dress.

That’s not a facetious remark, I’m serious – when we decide what we want to wear, we’re creating an image – and, like it or not, we’re apes, we want to emulate nice images that we’ve seen.

The fashion industry tries it’s hardest to sell images, and we want to buy. We want that look for ourselves. We imagine what it would feel like to look like that – and women’s fashions are modelled by women, so when we men put on a dress and see the resulting image, few would head outdoors looking like that!

We have to go all the way (not everyone, but most of us). We get the wig and shoes – but we need a bust, something to suggest hips, makeup, jewellery, a handbag – everything to make the image authentic and help us fit in, or at least, to look the part from a distance.

Then we discover that we really like this image – we feel comfortable with it. That’s when you know you’re a full on cross dresser, in the sense that you’re a man dressing in images marketed to women.

But I am a man who likes the looks that the industry sells to women – I have done since I was a small boy.

Why should I be restricted in my choices when women aren’t?

This isn’t a cry of “It’s not fair!!”, it’s a question to which there is no reasonable answer to say I cannot make my own choices.

The instant a woman puts on makeup, she is creating an image that is not really her – it’s a created image.

And yet it is her. The makeup enhances what she has, and she feels better when looking at the image in the mirror.

We’re no different.

Every “cross dresser” knows the moment when the lipstick has been applied (usually last), and the results can be admired.

We’ve created our own image – we are mistresses of our own journeys. We are free to be our authentic selves.

Love Laura

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?