Susan

As I have gotten older I’ve found that once my nails grow past the nail bed they break very easily.  For example, just tucking the bottom sheet under the mattress will cause broken nails across multiple fingers.

As I have been getting basic nail care manicures for years, I asked My manicurist if she knew of a solution and she said to try acrylics.  She has a pale pink powder that goes on after she applies the base coats and then she shapes them.  The end result is a very soft pink color (no polish at all) and tremendous nail strength.

She leaves the nail tips straight across at the tips but when she is done my nails are now about half an inch longer than my fingers.  I see my manicurist every 2 weeks and if I break a nail, she can always squeeze me in for a quick repair at her home, which is where she does my bi-weekly appointment.

I love the feeling of my longer, prettier nails and find myself unconsciously playing with tips and closing my hands just to feel the tips pressing into my palms.  And I can actually “scratch the itch” when I need to.

All in all, while the original nail issue was mildly upsetting, the solution was far more exciting than I could ever imagine.

A funny side note: several weeks ago I was checking out at a grocery store and the woman ringing me up asked what color I used?  Not sure what she was asking, I gave her a puzzled look.  She replied, on your nails, what color do you use?  I just smiled and replied, whatever color my outfit dictates.  She smiled and winked at me.  I thought I handled that rather well. But I am still in the closet . . . But maybe someday I will have pretty red nails when leaving my manicurists home.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?