stephanie plumb
Baroness - Annual
Registered On: November 17, 2018
Topics: 188
Replies: 2484

Oh,  I completely agree with you Laura.

And I will continue to use male and female and feminine in the broader context of the words. But I will also try to be inclusive.

But this post was about sunglasses, not a discussion on gender inclusivity as such. Though it did digress a bit.

That being said:-

I was just having a humorous look at the  corporate inclusivity advice being given to organisations on the use of the word ‘women’ instead of ‘female.’

Very briefly it goes something like this :  Not all women were born women. Not all men were born men. So ‘female’  in this context should not be used, as it implies being born as one. Presumably ‘male’ should not be used either.

It’s a minefield.   And I am staying out of it.

Except to mention some ‘modern’ alternative words to woman that were coined to remove the “dick” from woMAN!

But are also, unfortunately, used in a transphobic sense.

WOMmyn (women born as women) and WOMByn (women born with a womb)

A more modern term is womxn which is meant to be inclusive as it has no connotation to ‘man’ or ‘men.’ Apparently to call oneself a womxn is fine, but it is not inclusive  to be called one by others.

I’ve got a headache.

If people want to stick labels on themselves, that’s up to them. Me? – I am just me.

Hugs,  label-free (ooops! rhymes with a part of the female anatomy)  Steph xx

I’ll get my coat……

4 users thanked author for this post.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account