Emily Alt
Managing Ambassador

I’ve responded to several queries about the Philips IPL.

I bought the Philips Lumea Prestige IPL BRI953 from CurrentBody.  It currently lists for $481 but is out of stock. Despite it’s high price, I consider it a good value when compared to the price of clinic/salon visits.  My experience has been very positive.  I started using it when my laser treatments were abruptly halted by the pandemic in early 2020.  I’m 90-95% hair free.

The Philips unit has 3 attachments for body, face, and underarm/bikini.  It can be used with or without a cord.  The only difference is the amount of time it takes for the IPL emitter to be ready for a new flash.  I believe it’s 3 seconds corded versus 5 seconds cordless.

Like all IPL and laser devices, the Philips unit works best for those with lighter skin and darker hair.  Effectiveness decreases with darker skin tones or lighter hair.  Those with very dark skin should not use IPL or laser to avoid the risk of burns.  Those with very light hair will see little benefit.  Ditto for those with grey hair.  Those are limitations of the technology used in IPL/laser.  For the device to work effectively, the hair must contain enough pigment to absorb the emitted light energy and destroy the root.

I believe the majority of complaints come from people that have light blonde or grey hair, or are using too low of a power setting.

The Philips unit is one of the most powerful available for home use.  Used appropriately it works.  However, it isn’t nearly as fast as the laser and IPL units found in clinics.  Those devices have much higher output and require a trained technician.  Going the clinic/salon route will cost thousands but is much faster and arguably a bit more effective.

Hope this helps.
Emily

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?