Hi Emily,
I have seen your replies on this topic and very much appreciate your sharing your experience. Your photos show that you certainly have found something that works for you, as you are absolutely gorgeous!

As you mention, the Lumea Prestige hard to get in the US at this time. It would cost over twice what others would cost if I ordered via Amazon UK. The corded version is available at $318. The Braun is $329 for the higher power model.

Other factors are number of reviews on Amazon and the company’s response to questions asked.
The Lumea has 4.5 stars with 217 reviews. 31 questions were asked with zero response from company.
The Braun has 4.5 stars with 2,609 reviews. 267 questions were asked with at least a dozen replies from the company.

I read reviews from Cosmo, Elle, Good Housekeeping, and a couple of others. They seem to all have almost identical findings and it looks suspiciously as if they copy/pasted from one original source. They say the Lumea Prestige is best and the corded version is a runner up. They say nothing about the Braun, which seems odd as that is at least as well known a brand as Philips, which makes the Lumea.

So that leaves me with the question of whether to go with the reviews of those ostensibly credible sources, or with the vast majority of Amazon users.

As this is a purchase costing quite a bit, I will present my research to my supervisor (my wife) and see what she says. I am leaning toward the Braun at this point. I have usually had good luck trusting Amazon reviews.

I’ll keep you posted on how this process goes. I know there are a lot of you girls who would have similar goals and would like help with their decisions.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all!

Catherine

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?