Hi Carol,

Sometimes I just dress up for fun and not for photos. But when I’m planning a photo session I use a Sony DSC-W830. It can be purchased for around $130. I like its’ flexibility and relative affordability. I is also small and compact and pretty easy to use. It has a smile option will take you photo when it detects a smile (encouraging those smiles is important!) – although I have found this option to not always be reliable. It also has a 10 second delay option that allows you to get into your pose. The great thing about this option is that the camera will then take 5 photos in a row so that you can try out small adjustments to your head or smile or hands etc.

When I am doing a photo session, I have to adjust my make up a bit because I use a number of light sources to get a nicer end product. This means your makeup needs to be a bit bolder than you might do for going out in public. I also helps to work on using your makeup to create proper contouring for your face (that’s a whole other category of discussion!)

I have a couple inexpensive LED camera lights on stands and a few other cheap workshop spots that I use.  Lighting is key and I’ve learned what works best through online searches and my own experimentation. In general don’t have lights pointing straight at you from one angle at that will create a lot of shadow. Try to see if you can fill light from multiple angles.

For me – when I take photos – it is part of the experience that I enjoy about dressing up. So experimenting with lights and angles and poses – and seeing how it all comes out is fun! I should also say that in general – 80% of my pictures do not turn out that great so don’t go into taking pictures thinking that if you take one or two you will end up with a photos that are perfect (I’m hardly every entirely happy with the end product – but I find that is part of the challenge and fun of it as well)

Finally, I rarely do any other touchup after the photo except to crop and perhaps adjust light levels just a bit.

That is probably more that you ever wanted to know but… you did ask 🙂 !

Hugs – Melody

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?