I used to use a Cannon SureShot.  The advantages was the 10-second delay, the built-in flash, many different modes (although I rarely used too many), and the zoom.  It had a 12x optical zoom and a 4x digital zoom on top.  The optical zoom was great for taking far away photos making them look like close-up, so you could stealthily take a “close-up” photo from a distance.  Not great for selfies, though.  It had a standard tripod mount, but it makes it difficult to use as a point and shoot if you’ve got a tripod attached.  I broke it when sitting it on my car trunk to take a selfie.

I now use a GoPro Hero 8.  The advantages are that it is fairly wide angle, so I can be in close and still get a full body shot, the built-in mini tripod (it collapses to a handle), and the voice activation to take a photo, video, or burst of photos (you can then join them into a moving GIF or select the best photo if people tend to blink).  The disadvantages are the non-standard mount (you have to put on a different mount to use on a standard tripod), the lack of zoom for landscape shots, and the lack of a flash if you are a little back lit.

Being a Unix/Linux person (I’ve used it for 40 years), I usually use GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program, where Gnu is pronounce “g’new,” not like the wildebeest “new”). It’s a very powerful photo editor and is available on other platforms.  I usually use only basic functions:  white balance, brightness and contrast, red eye removal (more for group photos and with a flash; it also seems to occur more frequently in people with blue eyes than brown eyes), cropping, and scaling.  On rare occasions I might smudge or copy over a small area (perhaps to remove a high intensity area like a flash reflection), or play with sharpening or blurring (including pixilation).

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?