As others have said we’ve all been there. I decided a while back that I’m not going to hide what/who I am. I overcame my worries slowly, and this was kind of forced upon me…. First I was in Tesco. I was using “scan and go”…. I bought the things I needed grocery wise and then went into the make up aisles and bought lipstick and some stick on nails…. Heart pounding I went to pay. To my dismay, the lipstick had a security thingy on it…. So an assistant had to come and clear it. She commented that the lipstick and nail were a good match…. I paid and left.
Then in A local Sainsbury I saw a great skirt. I found my size and put it in the basket…. Again, a security tag. The assistant came and removed it without commenting. Got it home, it didn’t fit, so I had to exchange it the next day. So a visit to customer services for the refund. And another visit to the clothing section, find the right size, back to self scan, another security tag… Got it home…. Fitted like a glove….
Then one day in Primark… With my wife…. Picked up a few great things. My wife hates shopping in town, so she suggested that I try the items on…. Downstairs to the mens section. Show the young lad on the changing rooms that I had three items. He gave me a tag and in I went. 2 out three fitted well…. Came out and gave the lad the item I wasn’t having…. He never said a word. Back up to the ladies section, found the right size, back down to try it on. A different lad on the changing rooms…. Nothing said, item fitted, all was good.
During each of these occasions, my heart was pounding, my stomach churning….. The next time we went shopping things were different…. I an a crossdresser. This is my life. If I want to wear these things, I must accept that no one really gives a sht, so now it’s head high and get on with it. I now regularly shop for clothes, and I nearly always try them on. The girls on the local TK Max have come to know me. I’m often greeted with an “hello again”. One item, a skirt labeled as a 16 was nearer a 12. I commented on this as I handed it to the girl, and we had a long chat about size variability, and how she has the same problem. She is normally a size 12, but often a 10 is the better fit, but sometimes a 14 is needed. She like me, complained about the lack of belt loops… If a skirt is a bit big, wear a belt…. Not always easy without belt loops.

Basically, what I’m saying, is man up! Walk in, hold your head high, have a good look, get what you need and buy it. Seriously, no one give a flying ****! You might spot someone looking at you, I never have, but looks do not kill. No one has ever been negative in a shop. Try stuff on. You might have to go to the mens changing rooms, but that’s no issue. The more you do it, the more normal it becomes. The more enjoyable it becomes.
The problem these days is that supermarket clothing section seem to have closed their changing room for good. This is something I miss, but the proper clothing shops are not a problem.
Head high and enjoy yourself.

Cerys

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?