Anonymous

Teri,
Your answer is so interesting to me! I apologize for getting so off-topic. I think you are talking about two different things?

1-I am learning that dressing is vastly different for each CD. For some, it is more about the feeling of the clothing, and for others, it is the feeling of being a woman and completeness that they are seeking to fulfill. When I thought it was “just about the clothes,” the breast forms and other accouterments didn’t make sense to me. It seems that for all that CD, there is some degree of desire to feel like a woman.

2-I think your comment: Why can women freely dress to look like men without any questions asked? is an understatement and perhaps a bit misleading. I think women are in a position to wear what they like but it isn’t done to “look like men.” There is a world of difference in the freedom for a man to walk down the street in a skirt without question and crossdressing. In your own words, you say that you need the forms, jewelry, makeup or you just feel like a guy. Is it equality in clothing options that you desire or is the desire more to do with the freedom to feel like a woman and pass as a woman? If it was just about clothing and nothing more, there wouldn’t be such an effort to transform one’s self into the opposite sex. I have read so many times “women CD every day by wearing pants” and that somehow equals what the CD is doing? It isn’t the same, not even close. Pointing out that women have more freedom in their clothing choices has become a moot point. It is frustrating as a GG when this rationalization is made. CD in general, in some aspects, is insulting because it is men wanting to look, feel, and pass as women but then have the ability to go back to being a man whenever they choose. What about the disadvantages women have in society and the workplace? CD men don’t suffer any of those disadvantages but complain that women get to wear what they want. Women have worked hard to have an equal opportunity in the workplace, to vote, to have a bank account, to be independent of a man if she chooses, etc, etc, etc. If I wear pants or something that is considered manly, it’s because I want to wear something comfortable, not because I have a desire to feel like and pass as a man. When I wear those pants, I don’ get any of the advantages that males have, so please refrain from asking why women can “dress to look like men.”

I hope my thoughts are not taken harshly, that is not how I intend them to be taken. I just wanted to shed some light and feeling on things but it is not my intention to hurt or insult anyone. I greatly appreciate the support and love I have felt from this group. My level of understanding is much like a hamster wheel…Just when I think I’ve got it all figured out, it turns again and I’m confused. lol

Betty

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?