Mona
Duchess

Very thought-provoking, Carmen.  I am totally attracted to myself when dressed, in every way.  So I am simultaneously the man attracted to the woman in the mirror and the object of that attraction.  It is both a romantic attraction and a physical one.

You may be familiar with the theory of autogynephilia, which is defined as a male’s propensity to be sexually aroused at the thought or image of himself as a female.  It’s a controversial and much-debated theory, and one of the primary objections is the insinuation that cross dressing is almost entirely motivated by sexual urges – in other words, a fetish.  The trans community vehemently objects to the notion that it is simply fetishistic activity, and rightly so, because for many it is an expression of gender identity.

I recognize aspects of autogynephilia in myself, but the erotic aspects of CDing are just one part of the experience.  I think for many of us there is also a sort of romantic love of the woman we create out of ourselves.

I think it’s fair to say that this sort auto-erotic activity is viewed by most people, especially SOs, as downright weird, perverted, sick ummm, let’s just say highly unconventional.  I struggle with it myself from time to time.  I can imagine many SOs thinking (or saying), “So, let’s see, you like to get off by dressing in panties and looking at yourself in the mirror?” I can totally understand why so many SOs feel threatened, disgusted and/or simply want nothing to do with it.

Maybe this doesn’t really answer your question- just wanted to share some thoughts.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?