Hi Trish,

2nd degree in Tae Kwon Do, 1st degree in Kenpo.

After thinking about this post more, and reading everyones response, and thinking about it more again, and rethinking lol… this may actually be why I’m gun shy about starting HRT. With my personality type, if I start HRT, then my expectation of just being a “woman” will technically be met. Would that cause me to find this femininity thing “boring” for lack of a better word. I think what excites me, is that doing it naturally makes it feel like I’m coming at it as an underdog, using skills learned along the way, perseverance and hard work to look the way I do… vs… bleh, I take HRT so I expect to look how I look.

It’s like the story will change in my head ya know? In my head, would I appreciate the effort as much if all I can say is “well, I take HRT” if somebody views me a woman? It’s like that drive and ambition all of the sudden settles, and it becomes taking a pill vs. all the research, trial and error, testing, diet, skin-care, makeup technique, the “skills” to making myself feminine.

This actually is starting to make sense to me, and seems I apply the same way of thinking to many parts of my life.

UPDATE:

You know, now that I wrote that out, I think I’m having some sort of revelation LOL…

Like, makeup. I use dollar store products, even though I can afford much higher end makeup. When someone compliments my lipstick, in my head, the compliment wouldn’t mean much if I just spent 30 bucks for some super fancy high end lipstick, because, well, in my head, the cost and brand better darn well get that reaction from people. It’s like, a given, or expected. But when I get the same compliment, and knowing using the cheapest lipstick I could find, then in my head, it’s a more fun story… I could be super proud of the fact that I got the same compliment, knowing I’m using a dollar lipstick, and can proudly state the fact that it’s a dollar.

This is all really interesting!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?