Natalie Dane
Duchess

Hi Crystalline,

I’ve recently entered the world of makeup, but I got some advice from my wife whose makeup choice is very subtile.  This is what works for me.  There is no doubt much more which could be done, but after some practice I can get a decent face on in about 10 minutes (minus shaving).

Get on a skincare routine which works for you.  I like to use gentle exfoliation face washes to smooth the skin, remove dead skin cells, and help clean pores (2x/week).  This isn’t exactly makeup related, but does help give you a better ‘canvas’ to start with.  I also use a facial toner every day after washing my face and prior to moisturizing.  I found a rose scented toner I just adore.  The scent is only noticeable during application so it can be used on femme and drab days.

After washing your face use a thin facial moisturizer it will be good for your face in general, but can help make up adhere to your face better.  Particularly concealer and foundation.

Find a concealer and foundation which matches your skin tone.  The general rule is to find a cold which matches the underside of your forearm.  Too dark and you’ll look clownish, too light like a ghost!  Concealer isn’t necessary, but will help cover up blemishes prior to using foundation.  Foundation is otherwise the “base” makeup which covers your face and neck.

Eye pallet – choose a tone which compliments your skin tone/foundation.  Lighter skin = cool tone, Darker skin = warm tone.  Take this with a grain of salt, women now days will experiment with eye color and don’t always stick to tone “norms”.  Plus it’s fun to play!

Eye liner – dark brown is universally less noticeable than BLACK.  My wife suggested to stay away from liquid liner because it can be challenging to work with and much more difficult to remove.  Stick with a pencil, at least until you’re comfortable applying makeup around your eyes.  It does take time to get used to.

Mascara – I’m not sure of the differences other than be sure to choose one for natural lashes.  Outside of that I doubt you an go wrong.

These are what I believe are makeup basics.  Play around until you’re comfortable and have fun!

Additional recommendations:

Buy a cheap eye lash curler and use it before applying mascara.  It’ll put your eye look over the edge without fake lashes!

Beard cover – I’ve not used yet, but understand it will better cover the bluish hue of a VERY cleanly shaved face.

If using liquid foundation or concealer makeup sponges are really helpful to help spread the material.  I’ve used my fingers to blend but sponges are what most women and performers use.

Buy some makeup brushes for blending.  I bought a cheap brush set online for $2 and it makes a huge difference for making eye makeup and facial contours look more ‘natural’.

There is quite a lot to learn, but it’s all about practice.  Hope this helps!

-Natalie.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?