Lacy –

What an interesting topic and interesting responses.

On the one hand I think it is an addiction.  I find myself thinking of dressing most of the time, waiting for the nest opportunity to dress, thinking of ways to be able to dress, underdressing to fulfill a need to dress, wanting to shop or actually shopping for female clothes.  Yes this can also be considered an obsession but also an addiction.  As others have pointed out it can be devastating to relationships.  It has been said by some that crossdressing won’t kill you.  I would challenge that premise as there are many crossdressers and transgender’s that have been assaulted and killed.

On the other hand is it a hobby for some of us.  I get enjoyment from dressing and like putting together my outfit, selecting my jewelry and shoes, admiring my look in the mirror, walking in my heels, doing household chores while dressed to name a few things.  As others have stated there is also a sexual aspect to it and self stimulation can be part of that.

For me I think it is a combination of addiction/hobby.  I enjoy my time when I am dressed and yes self stimulation is sometimes part of it.  I do find myself obsessing over the next opportunity I will have to dress and do underdress almost daily for short periods of time.  I also think of going out in public but know it is something that will never happen.  I started. like many, at a very young age wearing my mothers clothes.  Throughout my life I would dabble with dressing on occasion, mostly between marriages (I’ve been married 5 times). none of whom knew about my dressing until my current wife.  So for me like a few of the others it has been 60 years of denial that is now being satiated by acknowledging my desire to dress.  This adds to the obsession/addiction, making up for lost time.

This is an interesting topic and the answers to the question will be as varied as we are, as proven by the responses already given.

Thank you for asking this question.  I know for me it has caused me to think of something I hadn’t before and will be an interesting topic to bring up in therapy.

XOXO
Suzanne

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?