Hi Anna Marie

What exactly are you doing when you attempt make up? You don’t need to get overly fancy to start. Your brother needs to learn to back off and allow you to grow at your own pace. Learning to do make up can be both a great deal of fun and at times a source of great frustration.

You don’t need really expensive make up to begin. One of the first things I was taught about make up came from a pro make up artist. He said, “Cover Girl does not cover boy”. Meaning the liquid foundation most women use won’t cover beard shadow.

There are several ways to go about using a foundation that will cover the shadow quite well. Some girls use Dermablend which is a foundation used to cover burns and port wine stains. It is thick and hard to work with. Others use Max Factor pan stick and it does a decent job at a decent price.

My make up artist used Mehron cream blend stick foundation and then just setting powder. Once you have a decent foundation you can begin to try eye liner, eye shadow and mascara. Eye brows are difficult for many girls.

I think it is always a good idea to draw attention away from the brows by wearing a wig with bangs. An extreme solution is to simply shave them off and draw them in with a pencil. That is an old drag queen trick. It works wonders.

I used to buy whatever eye shadows looked fun and colorful or even with glitter in then. For your lips you just need a few lip pencils to line your lips. You can use a pencil to line above your upper lip line to create the illusion of plump lips. You might want to line your lips in a dark red and wear a hot pink lipstick along with lip gloss.

The harshest critic of your make up skills that you will ever meet is the girl looking back from the mirror. I don’t think there is a single CD on earth who looks in the mirror who doesn’t see everything they perceive  as masculine about their face and body.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?