Angela Booth
Hostess

Like Brielle I have decided to move down the path of HRT. I am in a position that I can make that decision as I do not have a S.O. I made the decision to stay single when I knew that my dressing would never go away and was progressing to full time. I have a long standing female friend who cannot stand to see me. She was told many years ago and has seen me dressed but has struggled. Recently after a life changing event, she has decided that she does not want to see me dressed at all.  I have to accept that, it does hurt but I have to respect her feelings and can change back to see her. I suspect if we were married it would be a divorce. In that I would think very carefully of going ahead in a marriage without discussing with your partner and knowing where you want to go with this.

I had discussions with my G.P. and had blood tests. I suppose each of us is different and the medical opinions and HRT differ in different countries. I am on Estradiol patches and have to be placed on clean hair free skin. I did have an issue sticking them at first but have got that issue resolved. I did ask the doctor and she gave me some advice and said if it wasn’t successful I could have a cream instead. That would not be visible.

I am three months in and have nothing to report. It is easy to believe or feel there are changes but this is a long term treatment and changes may not come for quite a while and you have to be realistic as to what will change. I did a lot of research online and discussions so have a realistic expectation.

I sat and evaluated the stage I am at and really looked at my persona and feelings. I have taken my appearance as far as I can, listened carefully to what friends and family say to me. One key thing is that I look happier nowadays and my appearance is more than acceptable. Body wise I can create a good bust and hip and am of small build so have a size advantage already. My demeanor has always been empathetic, I like the company of women and, having emotions, I do cry!

The reason why I decided to take HRT is that it could give me a more feminine shape and I have no illusion that it may just be very subtle.  It may also increase my bust a bit but apart from that it won’t change my voice, grow long luxurious hair and transform me into a full woman. I am also aware of the medical implications as I am of Brielles age so will ensure I am in touch with my Doctor.

In some respects it may seem strange that I am undertaking this path as I am quite happily living as a woman without anything being done. I just see it as a less impact treatment than surgery. I can always stop if there are any issues that start.

It is a personal thing that needs a lot of thought, research, discussion and, more importantly, medical advice and the correct medication.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?