Angela Booth
Hostess

This is something that a lot of us share and see as an issue – the voice.  How did I overcome this issue?

When I started to go out I was very scared but was lucky to have come out to family, friends and started to have the occasional trip out. I was more concerned with how I looked and rarely talked as my sister or mother would do the talking. Once I became more confident in how I looked I would go out more with friends and started to go alone as well. I only talked if absolutely necessary and consciously put on a softer voice which began to come naturally over time and worked well. You only have to listen to the range of womens voices to see there is quite a range and that you can fit yours into that range with practice. You can look at the tutorials online which can help to change your range and breathing. It all helps.

Once I started to go out regularly I had to talk and my friends would give me encouragement saying that I had a soft voice which fitted in with the way I looked and got no adverse reactions.

Confidence is the key moving forward as looking like a natural woman and even with a ‘different’ voice the whole image and sound is accepted as the female seen. The first impression is of a female so the voice is secondary and if you continue with confidence, act naturally then the belief from those you meet and interact with is female. Occasionally it is obvious that they may know but I didn’t shy away and continue with the business at hand which refocused the minds, confidence!

I have lived through your worries and come out the other side knowing that I am now seen by people as a woman. I hope this helps.

My best wishes to you Frija.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?