Araminta Purdy
Duchess
Registered On: January 23, 2020
Topics: 10
Replies: 480

No, really! I read my own stuff and try to figure out how to make my points more simply. Part of the problem is that I feel the need for a historiographical summary as well a citations of previous works to explain why I fell that very recent ‘buzz-words’ are inaccurate before I can present my own theories and meanings. The other part is that I am trying to fit together often apparently unconnected (like, who cares) details to make a cohesive narrative. Just cut to the last paragraph.

Also, as you were, I am concerned that people think I might be insulting them. For example, those who use ‘gender spectrum’ as far as I am concerned do not understand ‘spectrum’ or ‘gender’. Simply put a spectrum has infinite variations. Gender doesn’t. So-called experts who use ‘opposite sex’ or ‘opposite gender’ just make me cringe. What possible justification is there for thinking they are ‘opposites’? And ‘hard-wired’; what does that even mean? We are living beings and not machines.

I rely on the views, experiences and opinions of people whose living experience provides the very best information available. I may disagree with the terminology and even the resultant conclusions (such as any need for ‘passing’) but I find that there is a consistency that validates my own thoughts.

Araminta.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.