Well, after reading all of my sisters thoughts on this subject, I need to offer my most recent observation on the mental health connection with our need and desire to experience femininity in our lives.

Many of you know most of my story, but a quick recap is in order for those who don’t. Like many of you I’ve been aware of my feminine nature and desire to be a girl since age four. That has followed me through my entire life and has dealt many of the same blows that a lot of you have described. Gender dysphoria became a never ending reminder that I am, and always have been, a transgender woman and I needed to address the situation. To shorten a long story, that has been dealt with and six months ago I transitioned to living as a woman full time. This past week I had to update my personal info and photo ID because I moved, in the process of doing this it was pointed out to me that I needed to decide what letter was going into the gender box. My new photo is definitely that of a woman so I completed a form and the box was legally filled with an F. In the country I live in I am now legally a woman. I’ve been bombarded with the question of how I feel now, and that is where mental health enters the picture. I don’t think or recall that I’ve ever felt or experienced this kind of peace. It is surreal, as if all the cares, the mental burdens, frustration, and what always felt like heavy weight, vanished! Gone!  Every night since then I have slept like the proverbial baby. At work they say they can see the difference and hear it in my voice!

I will let you ponder that and make your own conclusion but I know that by answering the siren call, that has always been in the back of my mind, I have found a peace and joy that I know has certainly improved my mental health. Even my cardiologist has told me that by transitioning I have added at least another ten years to my life.

Hugs girls, lots and lots of hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?