Sasha Sometimes
Lady
Registered On: October 4, 2022
Topics: 1
Replies: 2

Androgynous by The Replacements. It’s not a song that necessarily makes me think about being femme but it does make me happy. And it was so far ahead of it’s time. I don’t think there were many people releasing songs in 1984 about people in gender non-confirming relationships from a positive viewpoint and giving hope to the notion that, in the future, such relationships will be met with more acceptance. I wish I’d discovered  it at a much earlier point in my life. The lyrics really resonate with me, and it’s hard to believe that they were written 3 decades before terms like non-binary, GNC, fluid etc were becoming more widely used and integrating into the lexicon of gender.

There’s a few cover versions – Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Crash Test Dummies, Ezra Furman, some others – but my personal favourite is the Happy Hippie Backyard Session with Miley Cyrus, Joan Jett and Laura Jane Grace.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.